Is it bad that my boyfriend of 4 years dumped me because I'm not his type anymore?

I'm not his type anymore. (My Body Changed) I used to be petite. Now, I have curves. A lot of people hit on me everyday and would love to date me. Him he puts me down & tells me that if I lost weight he'd give me a chance. He tells me other people would give me a chance too if I was skinnier. Also, that he'd cheat on me. And he thinks I'm nothing but a slut. UGH. 😢 I've been told I have natural cute beauty & a nice & am too sweet. His loss?

1117

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah A LOT of men these days are only in it for your prime and will not commit to you for the long haul like for life. Relationship for men these days is easy access to free pussy rather than having to work for it with one night stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSet0opkPWc

Seen it all the time. Girl gets with guy when she was hot. Guy fucks and uses her as a cum dumpster, have fun with her from age 20 to 26. Dumps her ass and goes right back to get a fresh 21 year old girl to do it all over again with. Eventually they settle down in their 30's with a younger woman.

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact that he said 'If you lost weight he'd give you a chance'... I'd get away from that right away.

No guy (anyone in fact) should ever have the right to tell a girl "if you lost weight" or "if you were skinnier" then you'd have a chance to get with me.

Drop him like a bad habit.

100%. Totally his loss.

What Guys Said 16

• No. It's not bad. That's the same as if he just lost his job and then you told him "I'll stay with you if you get another job." Then he didn't get another job. Would you stay with a man who refused to work? Most likely not. So why would you expect him to stay with a woman who didn't keep in shape? Sorry. You got responsibilities, too.

I can't help but feel like you threw in "He thinks I'm nothing but a slut" to make everyone choose your side. It stops being about your body type, and it becomes about him verbally abusing you. More than that, you told everyone what to answer by saying "His loss?" You're directing them towards saying that. You don't want a real answer; you just want everyone to bash on your ex boyfriend to make you feel justified in your laziness.

If everyone would love to date you, then just date someone else. Why's it matter if it's "bad" of him or not?

• To be honest, looks fade with age.

My girlfriend could put on 50lb or loose it, I don't care, I still love her as a person and she'd still be perfect.

If he can leave you over such a shallow reason, it honestly raises the question if love was ever really there. Or it was completely physical attraction.

Either way you're better of without him matey.

• He's a douchebag of Trumpian proportions no matter what your shape. Block him now! I am surprised you were with him so long and have not yet realuzed what a total douchebag this guy is. Seriously, he either needs to grow up or die, because he is not an adult human being. Either way, remove him from your life ASAP and block him totally.

• his loss get a guy that loves you for who you are.

• Why people should never determine their relationship based on apperance, just stupid really. Would suck to just be stuck there in the end, realising how hollow everything is. Dosent take more than a single day to change it all.. Personality traits are at least more durable. Not to mention the obvious change age always will have

• Good ridence you don't need a shallow fake ass like that.

• i was reckless like your ex. and now i regret all the things i ever said to hurt my ex. she was always curvy and I loved that, a lot. And after breaking 6 times "her leaving me" she said that's all i wanted her for, just her body and her pale skin. now I look back at all things i said and how I blamed her for ruining my life. And because the other day I called furious because i couldn't accept her being happy and me being missairble. so I told her say "Sorry cheyenne for ruining your life" but in the end i was crying. And and it was pointless.

now to the point, If i him I wouldn't turn down a women that I've known for good span of time because we both would have done things together. and why why would he leave a curvy girl?

like now days I don't date like period. because 1 I do not want to inflict pain on any women and 2 I'm just way to mentally unstable. conclusion I'm not ready and im young still maturing just slower because my ADHD , ADD.

• His loss! I love all kinds of body types, so to have a thin petite to a curvy cutie is just perfect, I get to experience both on the same girl! woo!

• Sheesh... he sounds like a piece of garbage. He doesn't deserve even one more second of your day or one more thought running through your head.

• Your body has nothing to do with your personality! He's just a jerk! Dump him pronto and look around for someone you feel would love you even if you changed shape again.

• Pretty much everyone has a type but it's extremely shallow and mean to dump a long term S/O because their body type changed a little bit. You're better off without him

• You are better off without him. What a sad and ugly person.

• 100% his loss, I can understand his perspective of liking petty girls but if you not being petty is enough for him to be an asshole then he doesn't deserve you and never did.

• Overtime people outgrow each other no big deal

• He likes what he likes. You let yourself go

• Let's see how you look at 40... Lmao let yourself go is the stupidest shit I ever heard.

• Hold on men we like men with hair don't let your hair go anywhere or you're single 😂

• She let herself go. He likes a certain type. She failed

• This guy is controlling. Imagine how much worse he would be in a marriage. Never go for a guy who makes it seem like getting him is a challenge or an accomplishment (10/10 times they're douchebags).

You obviously have a lot going for you. Explore your options and see what else you can find out there. If he really loved you and was worth being with he wouldn't be treating you like this. Definitely his loss and be happy that you dodged this bullet because he sounds like a real piece of crap.

What Girls Said 10

• He shouldn't have dumped you, it should have been YOU who dumped him. He is such a jerk.

• Yea, sounds like it's a good thing your boyfriend left. He wasn't treating you right, like come on, it's never okay to call a girlfriend a slut. And told you that he would cheat on you?

I'm sorry but people's body's change. I've noticed this now at 27. Most of my friends who were very skinny in high school are much bigger now. It's not always because people let themselves go. A lot of times it's because as an adult, you are just bigger. A lot of people get upset because they are not the same size in high school. But so many things can change.

I'm several inches taller than I was in high school. So of course I am bigger. I'm only a couple sizes bigger though.

Don't be hard on yourself. It sounds like you dodged a bullet here. Find a guy who will love you for who you are and not call you a slut or tell you that he will cheat on you.

• If he lost his attraction to you because you're fat, then I can see why he would not want you anymore, though I'm not understanding why that means you're a slut.

I think that you gaining weight is not really the reason he left you. At least, it's not the entire reason why. Story sounds extremely one sided and biased.

• He sounds like an abuser. He admitted that he will cheat on you. He calls you disgusting names. He damaged your self worth. Fuck him. Move on.

• Absolutely his loss, he sounds like a nasty piece of work... that was a real close shave you may have been with that idiot for longer!!!

Go out, with your curves and enjoy yourself, You're free :)

All the best

• Bad on him not on you.

• You sound like you would be an amazing person, he's just a douche who was just using you

• How were you together for 4 years?
    He sounds abusive as fuck!

• It depends
    If youve gone from skinny to fat i can sort of understand. You would loom different. Its shallow but thats men for you.

If you are only talking like 1-3 pants size increase then i think he's just using it as a crap excuse

• Well it works two ways, yes his loss because even people who marry have to understand your man will gain weight, lose hair, possibly teeth, get wrinkles, its apart of life. What happens if you get pregnant and get even more fat during pregnancy he runs? I wouldn't go back to someone like that specially if he told you he was in love. Sorry but love is much deeper than lust and everyone's body constantly changes... So think of your weight gain as a favor to finding better future companion. Also other men will say you can't blame a guy for having his own person intreasts sure if that's your mind set that's why no one is living in successful marriages in 2016 anymore people suck. Therefore let karma hit him hard during aging, hope he goes bold at 27 and leave him alone HIS LOSS! Lol 😂