Is it normal for a man to still stick up for his wife, even though she is about to take him for everything he is worth in the divorce?

The wife in question cheated on him
lied to him
carried on the affair
came clean because she was about to get found out.

She is now divorcing the said man and he slags her off regularly, but he still sticks up for her is he deluded that she won't go through with it because this happened ten years ago and she still part time sleeps in the same bed as him?

Yes you read right, this women had an affair and is still having an affair which has been going on for ten years, and she still sleeps in her husbands bed 3 nights a week.

12