I feel too young to be engaged and get married, is something wrong with me?

So i've been engaged for 2 years and suddenly it all hit me. I'm not ready. I've always been a "good girl" just go to school, go to work, go to church, hang out with girlfriends every now and then. I've had one boyfriend in HS and then my fiancé now. I'm 23 and just graduated college. I'm starting to feel like maybe I haven't lived life enough. I'm still a virgin as well. He's ready to get married ASAP. I still have wonders about if he's really one one... there's just a lot I want to change about him but he's a AMAZING guy and has never done me wrong. I just keep thinking there's a person out there that's a closer fit & I won't want to change so many things about the right guy. So other girls that I talk to are like "wth you've got a good man who wants to marry you and you want to throw that all away? It's so hard for women to find a good man" So then I start thinking i should settle and be content with what I have? So yah am I weird for thinking these things.. ?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• How would you feel about being married to him if he never changed a single thing about himself? I ask because that is probably what you will get if you marry him. You can't make him change and if he wanted to change himself, he probably would have done so by now.

• Wow that first question really put me into deep thought! Thank you !!

Most Helpful Girl

• ALWAYS trust your gut! You have instincts and intuition for a reason.

You ARE young to get married.

Don't listen to that jaded bozo that insulted you.

Your fiance may well be a great guy, but if he is THE guy you can find a compromising solution that suites both your needs and asperations.
    If not... than you have solid proof that a marriage would never work. Now or in the future.

• Thank you, I thinking time will just have to tell with this situation... I don't want to make any regretful decisions. Are you married? Have you ever experienced anything similar?

• I'm not. I coordinate events, including weddings.
      And I have seen A LOT of people get married for a lot of bad reasons.

Whatever you eventually decide on, you do need to know... marriage doesn't change the things you mentioned you would like to change about him.

It doesn't work that way, and don't think you'll be that magic person that changes that law of the universe.
      He will only change if he wants to.

With that said, good luck to you my dear.

• Could I message you and get a little more specific about the details and truly get ur opinion? Thanks so much for your response.