How do I get the love of my life back?

thatfordguy
Two days ago my girlfriend of 2.5 years broke up with me. We started dating young, she was 15 and I was 16 but everything was going great! I was happier than I had ever been. I connected well not only with her, but also with her family. Me, coming from a family broken up by divorce and a father that was never really around too much even before the divorce, loved having a family who welcomed me in and even took me on vacations to the lake with them. We all got along so well! She was my first true love, and I had never been so happy. A few months into our relationship she was diagnosed with a chronic illness, we couldn't do everything that we wanted to, like hiking for example, but we managed to work around that and have a blast just with each other. Coming in January she is going to Germany to get treatment and I have been saving up to go and see her there for a week out of the 3 months she is there, but also for a promise ring that I happened to buy the morning of the day she broke up with me. She was all about our future and looking forward to growing more together and she was in it for the long-term. When she was breaking it all to me she said that she needs time to find herself and grow as an individual before committing herself to anyone. I am confused because we have already been dating for so long. She says that she still loves me, misses me, and is very grateful for me. I am broken, but won't sell myself short. I know that I was a great boyfriend. I am kind, caring, a good listener, and put her and her happiness first. Now I lost the girl that I dreamt of spending the rest of my life with and want nothing more than her back. I am going no contact for a while so that I have the chance to grow and to heal myself, but also so that she has that same chance. I am getting more involved at my college and taking my weightlifting even more seriously, just to pass the time and better myself. But what should I do? I want nothing more than her back, and how do I do that?
How do I get the love of my life back?
Add Opinion