Why doesn't my ex understand I can't see him?

He wants to be with me, but he doesn't want a relationship. He s 33 next month, and he s the kind of person who wants to love someone and wants to be loved, but doesn't want to have all the responsibilities of a relationship like making plans together, moving in etc. He likes his own space and a relaxed life - not to see multiple girls, but just one girl that can be his companion - but on his terms.

A relationship doesn t work like that. It takes a bit of compromising and planning, but he wants a relaxed easy life, plus someone to share his bed. I told him I want more than that. We are close, but he s not a planning the future type of guy.

He got upset that after we broke up, he found out I d slept with someone else. Why does he want to see me if he doesn't want what I want? He says he thinks I think he just want sex, but we got along well and he misses that.

Should I see him and keep in touch or let go? We've seen each other twice since splitting.

He hates to be alone, but seems to not want responsibilities

11