He ended things with me to try and work it out with his ex gf?

Alright guys and gals here's what's happening! So I met a guy and he and I became really close really quickly. Originally we were friends but he started developing feelings for me. At the time he was in a relationship that he wasn't fully happy in. He told me it felt like work whenever he was with her and he felt like he always had to be perfect or else she will complain. He ended up ending their 4 year relationship with her because he felt like it needed to happen. We end up seeing each other for three weeks and things moved really fast. Apparently he was falling for me. One day he held a party and I acted jealous (it's not in my character) which turned him off. Apparently that night made him lose feelings for me. Now he's ended it with me and wants to work things out with his old girl. I feel played by whatever I can't do much about it. I'm just really upset because I didn't really like him at first but now I do. And it's not going even that, before I liked him, we were close friends and now it sucks because he can't be friends with me anymore. He just called me to apologize and said that hopefully we can be friends again and just start off from there. He also kept saying that he's not the right guy for me right now. What does that even mean?

I don't know if I just wanted to rant or wanted advice from you guys, but a part of me feels like he's going to come back in my life one day as a friend if anything--and that's silly to hold on to someone who didn't know what he want and ended up hurting my feelings. I wish I didn't catch feelings for him because I really did care about our friendship.

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 3

• "Didn't know what he was doing"... he did. Inknow he was/is your friend but he's not stupid. He knew what he was doing and he did it anyways. It's called a rebound... he just did it with the worst possible person. He probably does like you, probably always has. If he wants to stay friends or be friends at some point I really don't advise it. Your now the girl he messed around with and it's going to be hard to take that out of the equation... which you should even if he tries it. If he decides he want to try with you again. Make. Him. Work. For. it!

1|0
    0|0
    • Ugh right? He was saying how the feelings he felt were real--he was falling. ... Yea okay, because it's quick to fall out after a stupid night. I honestly don't know if I could be friends with him. Half of me is sad to see a good friend go but the other half is pretty pissed off. Sure right now I wish we could be friends, but that could change in time. Boys (I said boys, not men) are idiots sometimes...

• He's just playing with your feelings because he knows you'll be there for him. Don't let him use you, if he contacts you again just let him know you can't be friends because you're not prepared to become second best again. I'm sorry you went through that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he just realized no relationship is perfect when you acted jealous and there's always gonna be something that's bugs us in our partner. I definitely think you should back off. Even if they don't work out after all, 4 years is a really long time and that kind of feels don't just disappear. I don't know about this boy but he sure ain't worth the wait. Im not sure if he played with you. Maybe he just wanted to move on from his ex. Anyway just move on and try to be his friend if you miss him as a friend

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes