Being friends after a break up?

jia12345
My boyfriend and I who were in a relationship for 2 years broke up 4 weeks ago because I am leaving for university next and we aren't going to do long distance. He was very keen on LDR but after speaking to his parents he just changed his mind. He was very affectionate, ridiculously caring and loving and all and always mentioned seeing a future with me so it was a little shocking for me.

Both of us were very keen on being friends and he said we should do only a week of NC. Neither of us called in 2 weeks but he came to meet me when i was with my girlfriends. He behaved overly normal and when I asked about how he deals with it he just said he doesn't think about it. He is very good with hiding feelings. It was weird how normal he seemed.

called him 2 days after that to share some new about univeristy applications, he said he would call back but never did. He called 6 days later to invite me for lunch on his bday with 2 more of my friends and 2 of his. He apologised then for not calling back with a very lame excuse.

Last night I was going through a rough time with my parents divorce so I called to talk to him. I apologised for still dumping my shit on him and he said that even though we are over it doesn't mean he can't be there for me as a friend. It was late so I said I'd call him the next morning and share the issue. However, I have been feeling like he really doesn't care about me at all and I just changed my mind about calling and dropped a text saying everything is okay thanks anyways.

I just feel like he is a very different person, the way he behaves so normal and everything and over friendly with my friends suddenly when we meet. I am painting a bad picture of him in my mind and I have a lot of anger within me. I dont know what to think about his behaviour. I just feel very hurt and feel like he is over it because he behaves all practical about our split completely ignoring all emotions.
Being friends after a break up?
2
1