Is my ex having regrets?

I want to know why my ex apologized after six months of no communication? He said, "I'm sorry for hurting you and everything I put you through." Then he went on saying how he doesn't like the place that he moved to, and things aren't going the way he wanted and he's stressing out about a lot of stuff.
He met someone new just after two weeks of our break up and a couple months later he got her pregnant. He moved in with her just a couple weeks after he met her.
He never mentions her at all. I just want to know what's going through his mind? I just need a straight answer.

12