Should I delete my ex from Facebook?

I have my ex (from over 3 years ago) on Facebook.
He keeps messaging, telling me that he can't get over me. That not a day goes by that he doesn't think about me. I don't reply but every so often he'll send a message.

I feel bad. Maybe I should block him on Facebook so he is never reminded of me and can't see my profile?

819

Most Helpful Guy

• Before blocking him, let him know how you feel about it. He's being needy about you and can't get over the past, but you've moved on. And, if he continues to bother you in this fashion, you warn him (gently or firmly, depending on your style/the situation) about the consequences (ie. blocking him on social media). I understand that you may be concerned about his feelings, but you need to also take a look at what you want from your existing relationship/friendship with him. He's being unreasonable by trying to make you feel bad for him and is trying to get you to talk to him for his sake and is not thinking about how you feel about it, especially if he's just talking about himself. In fact, that may be an effective way to check if he respects your feelings on the matter, by asking him if he cares about your feelings on the matter too. Because, if someone respects your decisions/feelings on a matter, then they will give you some space. Besides, it's futile to meet someone's needs like that, when they don't consider your own priorities. Ain't nobody got time for that.

What Guys Said 18

• Whats the point of keeping him on Facebook?

I think that makes him feel like he has a chance with you.

• Maybe first tell him that he messages you so often he may push you towards blocking him. Saying things like "I count on you to slow things down okay?" may help if he still likes you. Good chance he'll listen.
    Of course it's human that he misses you but he should not be exaggerating either :o and maybe if you tell him some wisdom will come and he'll solve the matter for you.

• Block him.

• I did it, its wonderful.

• He wants closure. Can't blame the poor guy. Give it to him

• That might make it worse.

• If you are not in a relationship, then you might want to reconcile.
    The guy is deep in love for you, don't miss this opportunity provided he didn't make a very big mistake, did he?

• Do you like him still?
    It seems like he really loved you

Poor dude, it might help him get over you

• Tell him your not interested and that he needs to move on with life.
    If worst comes to it than block him on Facebook.

• I say yes. I don't feel he deserves even a warning if he's crossing those lines that often.

• Fuck that don't feel bad delete him

• You should. The sooner the better.

• Block him.

• After 3 years? May be you should block him.

• Tell him if he won't stop you will block it. or just block it.

• Engelle girtsin zaten ex miş hadi kendine iyi bak

• Most people don't talk to their ex's. So, why should you be any different?

• 3 years and still have him on FB why? Both of you wouldn't move on

What Girls Said 8

• You need to just straight up delete him, that's it. This is why you don't keep ex's on your social media accounts and contacts. Forget just blocking him, delete him then block him. There is a reason why you broke up, and that should be more than enough reason why you should have cut the ties over 3 years ago. If he so badly wanted you, he should have done what he needed to do over 3 years ago.

• There's a reason you haven't deleted him. Why not try to work things out? If it doesn't, end things for good and move on.

• I think the mature thing to do is tell him that it's probably better for him to block you or that you're going to block him for his own good to move on. It'll destroy him more if you do it without saying anything.

• Block him so you can move on. You can always add one another in the future once that distance is there.

• Sounds like an unhealthy connection
    Wish him well
    Bye bye move on
    Block him
    U need to not continue his fantasy of looking at u
    Stalker

• Well, you're going to have to be honest with him and let him know that you no longer feel the same about him. Ignoring him is not enough, he actually has to hear it. Who broke up with who, and why?

• That is an excellent idea!

• I had a very similar situation. My ex (for 3 years) kept saying stuff like yours and then one day he changed his fb status to "in a relationship" and deleted me. Not that I care but before he does that to you, you should do it yourself.