Why did he cry and tell me he loved me when he was breaking up with me?

My ex boyfriend cried when he was breaking up with me, said that he'd always care for me, that he'd kick any guy's ass who hurt me, that he told a close friend of mine to take care of me... I told him that I loved him and he said that he loved me too. Why did he say these things and did he mean them?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been going through a breakup these past two weeks as well so I hope I can be off some help. First thing you need to do is to accept that the relationship is over, he made a decision and his decision was that he thinks his life will be better off without you in the picture, that's what it comes down to. He weighed out the positives and negatives and you didn't make the cut. Why you didn't, no one knows except him and you'll never get that answer so get over it.
    He didn't make you a priority in his life enough to want to keep you forever. You deserve someone who does make you a priority and loves you whole heartedly. What he said doesn't matter and actions speak greater than words. If he thought you were the one he wants to be with forever he would have never let you go.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Even when you break up you can still love that person and probably always will. Obviously he felt like you both had to break up but it doesn't take away those feelings he has. I have been there before.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Probably did mean them, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't need to go out and live his own life. Sometimes men just have to leave so they can find themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he has a secret.

0|0
    0|0
  • he's a crybaby

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Yes
    U can break up and still love the person
    U were not his match

0|0
    0|0
  • What reason did he give for the break up? Did he explain why he felt you needed to break up?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes