What is the cure for cheating?

My boyfriend cheated on me about a year ago. He apologized, I forgave him, we are past that now. I believe we are happy. There are times when a sad feeling, (that he cheated) comes over me.

I sometimes thinks about cheating on him back.

I saw an episode of Family Guy when Louise cheated on Peter and the only thing that could have cured the relationship was for Peter to have an affair also.

Do you think this will work in real life?

53

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi

I know they say that art imitates real life, but Family Guy? Please don't use that as measuring stick! Cheating on him to prove a point will only prove that you don't really care about your relationship, or your self worth. What if he left you, then what? You'd think he had no right be upset, right? But regardless of why he cheated you're doing it to actually hurt him. What if it backfires, what if he just shakes his head, and decides to suck it up and takes it. Don' t you think that you will still wonder if he's going to get you back by cheating again? This is not a road you want to go down.

Also, not to be sexist, but whenever a women tries to get back at her man by using the "What's good for the goose is good for that gander" the woman loses. He sex's some woman for pure pleasure and you're willing to let some guy use your body just so you can prove a point. Somehow the only one that wins here is the guy you decide to bump and grind with...he gets no guilt sex.

And if you're still thinking about it, think about this...what if in your efforts to get some payback booty you got pregnant or worse a disease.

I hope this helps.

Rudes

You can always ask me questions on my blog: therudeawakening7.tumblr.com

What Guys Said 2

• that feeling is never going to go away. and don't compare your life to a cartoon. once a cheater always a cheater. break up if you can't handle it.

• the only cure is to break up!

What Girls Said 5

• I also think it's not right to compare ur situation to a cartoon.

This is real life and you have real feelings.

U seem to be not able to forget this story and I think that's absolutely

understandable. He didn't care about you at all while doing it.

So it's hard to believe he cares about you now.

So don't be a cheater, ur better than him.

I would leave him, he doesn't deserve you and ur feelings and all ur thoughts about him.

He already proved that he doesn't honour it at all!

• If you are on here asking advice, then you are not past it. I think it is completley normal to feel sad at times about it. You may not want to talk to him about it out of fear of bringing up the past. If that is the case, then talk to a counselor. Cheating on him is not going to get you anywhere. You already know how much he hurt you, if you really want this to work, you cannot do the same thing to him intentionally. The fact that you are even considering cheating as revenge makes me think you two should just split up. Cheating happens. your boyfriend is human and he gave into temptation. Was it wrong, yes. He has to live with his mistake. If you truly want this relationship to work, then go to a counselor. If you want to break up, then by all means have an affair.

• He is your boyfriend. You are not married- this is good! There are sooooo many many many many many many wonderful men in this world. Men who treat you with respect. Men who don't believe in cheating. Do you love yourself? Are you really insecure that you would never find another man as wonderful as this guy? you need to ask yourself some tough questions. There is life and LOVE out there- now go find it!

• a break up is the cure.

• You'll never get over it if you haven't already and keep in mind, the majority of the time "once a cheater always a cheater."