Does the no contact rule actually work in getting back your ex?

My ex broke up with me after a fight, leaving behind an otherwise good relationship. its only been 10 days since we split and the way he dumped me was cold but obviously done in the heat of the moment. But he has refused to talk to me. i admit i went a bit overboard with callinh and texting him. i was mad and hurt. still am. i did the texting for the 1st 4 days. now 6 days into the no contact rule. its so hard. But does it work when trying to get him back? i want to at least talk about what happened at least for closure. because im baffled by this. we had a great weekend with our kids (not kids together ) and he seemed happy until the stupid fight. and then told me how much he loved me etc... will this time apart work to get us back on track?

119

Most Helpful Guy

• Works as a guy if you stop reaching out to the girl for sure. They are used to chasing. If a girl isn't reaching out or responding, it's the end and we get the hint. So it doesn't work when a girl ghosts you...

• Why not?

• Yes it is. Obviously what you thought was minor wasn't to him. What was it? I'm 43 and hate it when older people do this, but it's all too common these days... people have no r spect or courage

• I wrote the fight down under another commenter

Most Helpful Girl

• Maturity has nothing to do with age.
    What's the fight about?

• Earlier in the summer i asked about us moving in together and he said he wasn't ready. He makes a lot more than i do and he's worried he'll end up supporting me and my daughter as well as himself and his son. I make enough to get my own place and support myself and child. We agreed that id move close by and revisit it later. So i still haven't been able to move because its hard to save for a deposit and im not one to ask for help. So im frustrated with where im living (rentimg a room) and i just said to him i wish you were ready for us to live together. And he didn't like that at all. He says he wants to see me in my own place where he xan visit etc before we move in. He was mad when i told him it was about the deposit and he offered to pay for it. He said i didn't trust him enough to ask... i told him its because thats not why im with him. We talkedit out though and it seemed fine and then i got the dreaded text 5 hours after i left his house sayinghe'spissed.

• No i believe he did this out of anger. He was always telling mehow great we were together up until that day he was. This was not planned. He literally had just introduced me to extended family that visited from out of state the weekend before, doesthat sound like a guy planning to dump i dont think so. And anyway im not waiting around for him or anything, im going to work on me and maybe even go out when im ready but im open to him reconnecting. Thats all

• At the end of the day no one here can tell you if your relationship will work out in the end but the important thing is to not get your hopes up and make excuses as to why he broke up with your or blame his emotional state at the time-He broke up with you because he wanted to do. Sorry if that hurts. Focus on yourself and don't contact him. If you have the urge to then contact a friend, you can even message me if you like x