Do you think someone can drastically change for the better in a matter of days after a break up?

serendiptygirl
I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years because of a lot of issues he had. anger, paranoia, anxiety etc etc. It all became to be too much and I wasn't being treated the way I deserved. It took me a while to gather the courage to move on. And once I did, it was pretty easy.

Fast forward 5 days later, he comes to my home, stating how an event as big as this has made him realize a lot etc. How he is going to be better. How wrong he was. How he is going to be going to therapy. etc. etc. He told me he would try as long as it took for me to believe and get comfortable with the idea that he was a changed man.

We went out and he did seem to be a lot better. But I am not a fool and I know he has to be on his best behavior. My issue here is whether or not I should believe him. I don't want to waste my life and go back into something that will have similar issues. I really don't know what to do at this point.

Advice?
2
1