Is there anything legal I can do to stop my ex husbands girlfriend from falsely representing herself as a parent?

My ex husband has been dating this girl for 2 years now and since day one she has over stepped her boundaries. She now claims to be a parent in any discussion with other parent and has even contacted my daughter's teacher to try to join the parent contact list. I have spoke with her and she stands firm that she is a parent and that she takes care of my daughter when my ex has her. Is there anything I can do to put a stop to her contacting teachers and coaches as a parent?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Your acting like a damn child.. You should be happy there i another person who has expressed interest in the betterment of your kid.. I mean would you rather her treat your kid like shit? No i didn't think so! So try and be happy that she wants to help your child become a better person and that she's tries to keep your child safe

• OMG you are so right how childish of me to not want the child I gave birth to be claimed by someone I dont even know.

• Oh yah enjoying Korea so much that you are being a troll on GAG... what a life. Burger does sound good right about now.

• Well even I need a break once in a while plus still a little hungover from last night

Most Helpful Girl

• I get that you feel she is overstepping bounds, but she and your ex are in a serious relationship. She is like a parent to your child. And honestly I would be thrilled if there was someone that was a potential step parent that WANTED to be this involved. She could be plain evil to her, but seems that she cares for your child. Also when you think about it, how about if you were with someone that wanted to be this involved and how it would make you feel.

• No I am perfectly happy and thankful that she is good to my daughter but in my opinion there are certain things that should be left up to the actual parent to deal with. And contacting my daughters teacher is one of them. There is no reason for her to be involved in any way with my daughters teacher and the teacher even felt this and immediately contacted me.

• Yes I talked to both him and her and she just says she is a parent whether I like it or not. The teacher explained to her that she was not allowed to be added bc they are not custodial parents and that she is not even a step parent.

• Then that's that.