I got put into the friends with benefits category. Should I be taking this personally?

Anonymous
Don't laugh but I created a Tinder because I thought I could meet a sweet guy I could have a serious relationship with. (Again, don't laugh). I didn't realize how much people used it for hookups, I just thought it was a normal dating app.
Long story short, I met a guy on there, went on a few dates with him thinking he was also looking for a girlfriend, and I slept with him on the 3rd date because I liked him. This is the first time I ever let a man have sex with me that soon. I regret it.
After that, he didn't put in much effort at all and ended up treating my like a fuck buddy for the next few encounters we had after that. I'm really sad because I feel hurt that he wouldn't see me as girlfriend material. I have always held myself with respect, dignity, have been positive, warm, fun, and kind on my dates with men. I hold myself well but I messed up by giving into sex. I just found out this morning that he has a brand new serious girlfriend. I feel like awful because I feel like I could have been that girl if only I had held out on the sex and made him work for me instead. Do you agree? If not, please give me insight.
I am taking this so personally and feel so humiliated in front of him. How can I feel better about this?
I got put into the friends with benefits category. Should I be taking this personally?
Add Opinion