Have you ever broken up during a heated fight and regretted it?

Me and my boyfriend had our first serious fight over something ridiculous. It all got blown out of proportion. I said I was done with him then he said maybe we are best of not together. I really wish it hadn't happened. I realise how much I love him and want to be together.

All I want to do is talk to him but I don't think he will listen. Have you ever done something like this and how did you fix it?
  • Give him time to get over the fight and see will he reach out to you
  • Give it a week then call him to talk
  • Just leave it and what will be will be
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D

43

Most Helpful Guy

• We didn't fix it. I thought I was holding her back since she had her stuff together and I didn't so I argued with her intentionally to get her to breakup with me because, I couldn't bare to breakup with her. But not long after we brokeup she still wanted to be with me again but I didn't want to until I improved myself to show her I'm worth her time. You can't really change their mind but time heals all wounds. I don't hold grudges against people and I certainly don't lead anyone on. You could always try to talk to him but it might not work and all you can really do from there is just not worry about him.

• My girlfriend just recently broke up with me to fix issues of hers surrounding commitment, communication and affection. What do you recommend? I asked this as a question yesterday, if you don't mind, I would love your opinion.

• @edbow99 I'd recommend something along the lines of being there for her as a friend for now. Let her know that she can talk to you if she needs to vent or just talk about anything on her mind. If she knows you're there for her I bet it would make her feel a lot happier since now she will think you didn't just leave after you guys brokeup showing that you're committed to her.

• Okay, this is great - thanks, I really appreciate your advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a fight or disagreement happens, it is how you handle it that matters. If you truly care instead of saying I am done with you, you can say I am done with this fight. We have to be careful with our words because then we either regret them or we have to make sure they are the 100% truth and what we want. It is complicated because if that is what you really wanted at the time, that might mean you really should not be together, if it is what you said because you just wanted to explain you are upset about the fight and didn't really mean that you should not be together, you have to explain yourself better now and next time. When two people are committed to each other, they have to have a way to work through agreements without throwing the "let's end it card" unless they have truly decided they want to end it in which case a calm serious talk is needed. If you both just said it to see what the other person says or because you felt you couldn't say what you really meant, try to work on saying what you really mean and working through things without the "let's end it" phrase. That is if you both really want to be together.