Made same mistake more than once. How can I stop beating myself up?

Anonymous
I recently was dating an awesome person and long story short, I wrecked my chances with them and turned them off completely. It's unfixable, trust me.

If this mistake was something I had never learned about before, I'd just say "I just didn't know any better, but now I know, no big deal." But unfortunately, I did learn this lesson in the past, but forgot to apply it to my life and really practice the lesson I learned. As a result I ended up ruining it with this person because I repeated the same mistake twice.

I'm incessantly telling myself that I deserved it and that I am now missing out on this amazing person because of it.

Has anyone else ever been in this situation? Please tell me I'm not the only one. I want to know that there are others who have experienced making the same mistake more than once and feeling that they missed out on a great opportunity.
5
2