Does making your ex jealous by getting a "2.0 version" of them ever work for getting them back?

It's been three months since he dumped me. I want him back desperately. I'm thinking about asking out my best friend (a guy) who is pretty much exactly like my ex just he is my friend so I never actually thought about dating him. My friend is friends with my ex. Will this work to get my ex back? I want honest answers. Please don't sugar coat.

I would be telling this friend the truth about why I'd asked him out. I still feel he'd say yes bc I've done a similar thing for him before.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. I wouldn't do that.
    2. If I did date someone else to make her jealous I would pick a girl that had qualities I knew my ex wish she had.

If my ex wish she could pull off dark hair, wasn't so pale, had bigger boobs and brown eyes I would then go out of my way to date a big breasted latina or greek woman who tans well. I'd take her on special plans my ex and I made, but never did as well as rewrite memories I had with my ex and take pictures to put on social media. If you're going to do something, then DO it!

Most Helpful Girl

• No. That's way more likely to backfire and just make your desperation painfully obvious.

What Guys Said 2

• To be honest, and this is just my opinion based on my moral principals so dont take offence please. I dont think vengeance is good in anyway, usually if I have a breakup or something, that means we are over. That does not mean I am going to try to rub it in that persons face, they have already been through enough. Even if they have done me dirty. That is just my opinion.

• Thank you, but I am not trying to get revenge. I wanna get back with him and then stay with him.

• An even better way would be to lose weight until you weigh what you should weigh and are therefore relevant.

Trust me, if I can tell from just your face that you need to, you REALLY need to.

• Hey asshole! I was 150 lbs and I'm in tenth grade. I'm not fat! In fact I'm actually pretty skinny and on medication that's an appitite suppressant so you can shut your fat mouth!

What Girls Said 3

• If there's anything I know it's please don't use someone to make another person jealous that only ends in more pain... I can try to give you more advice if you want

• Please do bc i know I'm only sixteen but i feel like he was the one. I felt like I died wheb he dumped me.

• Dude I feel you, I'm only 1 year older than you and I'm in somewhat the same situation, here I'll message you and tell me what happened, sound good?

• That makes you a terrible person that deserves to be dumped.

• ... try not to get him jealous by asking him out and stinging him along... i usually get my crush jealous by talking to guys and making friends but when it gets to the point of stringing someone along it really hurts to be that person strung along