What would you say to your ex to ask them once and for all if they still love you?

unkissme
My ex and I dated two years ago. I still love him. I didn't know that he still had feelings for me until we met up a few months ago. I was playing it cool, staying away from topics like the past, and how much I still loved him. But he shocked me and initiated all the I love yous and the hand holding and the making out... he said he loved me. I believed him and then he pulled away again by saying we shouldn't continue because he doesn't want to hurt me again. All I know for sure is that I still love him with everything I have and I want to know what you would say to your ex if you just wanted to know where you stand/if there's still any hope for a relationship.
2
2