Ex boyfriend... what does this mean?

So, I broke up with my ex around 2.5 years ago. Close to a year later, I tried to reconcile but he's in a relationship. Cool. So, I try to move forward, not contacting him or anything, but he contacted me every few months for no reason. Out of the blue, he calls and asks why I broke up with him if I felt so strongly about him. I explained again, and we left it alone. About 2 months ago, I called him and asked why he keeps contacting me, what does he want? His response verbatim was "Its just, we did a lot of things together, and it hurts.." He's still with said girl and says he's good with her. Fine... but guys, what does this mean? He can't possibly still be in love with me right? I figure maybe its just closure but I've explained it about 3 times now, and I'm done explaining... P. s. I don't wanna hear "he's an ex, why do you care, just move on yada yada." Please just answer the question... thanks...

32

Most Helpful Guy

• He's an ex, why do you care? Shouldn't you move on? I mean it's one thing for him to be contacting you every few months, but why did you go and contact him?

On a serious note, I think he's hoping you'll consider being his side girl. That's why he doesn't contact you consistently but just every few months. Every now and then, he gets an itch and then gives you the emotional talk hoping you still have feelings for him and you'll be willing to explore each other on the down low while he stays with his girlfriend.

• His contact was never sexual in nature... so I don't think thats it. Usually if guys want to sleep with you as a side chick, they don't beat around the bush...

• Oh, and I contacted him because I'm not the type to keep in touch with exes. When it over, its over. So I wanted to know why he does... what he wants... I hadn't contacted him on my own in close to a year. Any contact we had was his doing...

Most Helpful Girl

• He just misses the connection you and he has, the familiarity. That does'nt necessarily means that he loves you though. Maybe he hasn't had closure from the break up, something could've went wrong I assumed?

• Perhaps, but we've had the closure discussion about 3 times... I don't know its crazy...

• I did that before, I was ignoring him but he continued to reach out. So I just decided to be civil.

• Well than I guess you will just have to deal with whatever has has then, you're really being too nice :)