Guy suddenly stopped seeing me because I spent the day with my ex?

I met him a month ago. He's the first guy I really liked in a long time. We had sex last weekend for the first time. Then yesterday we made plans to spend this weekend together. Today I drove for 2 hours to hang out with my ex boyfriend. When I came back at night, the guy I'm seeing said it was a stupid thing for me to do and doesn't think he wants to talk to me anymore.
I mean what the hell?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You drove 2 hours to 'hang out' with an ex...

Yeah, it's a real mystery.

That guy did the only correct thing of all the options he had.

5|6
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know why everybody is blindly assuming this new guy is your boyfriend. Anyhow, your status with your ex is your business. I don't know what you may have told the new guy with regard to your previous relationship, but you've only known him for a month. He has little ground to pass judgement on you. Plus he wasn't around you and your ex to witness the dynamic between you two. It's not a crime to be friendly with an ex! Lol Maybe you did act a little hastily in sleeping with him so soon, or maybe he's the jealous type. Be careful getting too comfortable around new people too quickly. Maybe he's jumping to conclusions. I can understand if he sad upset, but he really handled the situation poorly. No tact there. Try to talk to him and explain what was going on. But if he's so foolish he won't talk to you after this one thing, you're better off moving on. He's showing you his true colors now.

0|0
    1|2
    • If he's upset*

• Show All
    • Whatever. I'd still would have dumped. She deserves it.

• And men are blithely supposed to accept any treatment that women mete out? He wasn't wrong at all.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Exactly. What the hell did you thought? What's wrong with you? You must be really stupid person. That guy made a smart move and dumped you. That's the only thing you deserve. You drove 2 hours to see an ex and you expect your current boyfriend gonna understand that? Such a wh0re you are.

2|3
    2|0
  • Ok. We're all asking the same question here. We need to know WHY you hang out with your ex. Because I'm sure we're all reaching the same conclusion in that you still have feelings for your ex and you're just filling the void with this new guy.

2|0
    0|0
  • smart of him.

id do the same cause i got a brain.

1|5
    0|0
    • if fact, this is why i broke up with the girl i lost my virginity to.

3 months relationship. one break up. thats all she wrote.

this is just a red flag of much more to come and i have too much self love for that

• What did you do with your ex?
    I honestly think it's quite stupid to hang out with an ex when you're trying to get with a new guy...

1|0
    1|0
  • Haha, if he really wants you, he should be trying to figure out ways to make you forget your ex, not getting mad and immature

1|0
    1|0
  • 2 hour drive to hang out with an ex sounds sketchy.
    Id be irritated and skeptical as to if you still had the feels for him.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm not gonna start something new with a woman who's stuck in her past. This dude probably felt the same way.

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean what the hell? Why did you want to have a day with your ex while you had a guy who is seeing you? He has lost his faith on you. It's fair.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't have even waited until you were back to dump your ass.

1|1
    1|0
  • I don't blame. He thought you two had something started and in his
    mind you betrayed all of his hopes. You goofed !

1|0
    0|0
  • Your guy is jelly. He thinks you still like your ex!

0|0
    0|2
  • Man you're clueless

1|2
    1|0
  • You don't say.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah he is right about it, thats ur fault.

1|0
    1|0
  • You're a girl that should be shamed.

1|0
    0|0
  • wow your lucky he even told you.. I would have just ghosted

1|1
    0|0
  • He thought you were getting serious with him and then you went and rekindled your old flame for more side fun. My feelings would be kinda hurt too.

1|3
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah, you know i kind of would feel the same way as him.

I mean you guys were on the cusp of getting kind of serious, or at least enough so that he is thinking about exclusivity. Bad choice on your part. a 2 hr drive to see an ex. Your choice though and there'll be some guys that won't mind that kind of thing, but every last one of them will wonder what it is with you and your ex that you would want to do that, and if they don't wonder you should probably suspicious why they don't.

2|2
    0|0
    • Admit it, she fuck up royally. This cretin is beneath the vilest form of
      contempt and deserves nothing good in life. EVER !

• I can see why he was mad, because you drove 2 hours to hang out with your ex boyfriend. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't care if he lived close to you but 2 hours is a long way to see an ex.

3|3
    0|0
    • Hell yes he would care. I'd have dumped her ass very brutally and done everything I could to humiliate her. She deserves it. Any man who wouldn't do this is a little beta Momma's boy faggot with no balls. I don't tolerate ex's of any kind.

• So... are you asking us to reassure you that it's fine to lead the guy on while you stay in contact with your ex? So that you can have your cake and eat it, too? Think about you would have felt today if he had spent all day yesterday with one of his ex's. It makes for a very sticky situation.

2|0
    0|0
    • Not just spending the day with that ex, travelling 2 hours to be with them, for an entire day...

• Show All
    • @Marinepilot the sarcasm is not strong with you young padawan

• @Wonderer89 I think it's quite strong.

• Well, maybe it didn't seem like a big deal to you, but to him, it may have seem as though you still had a spark with your ex, especially to drive two hours to see somebody that's supposedly is just supposed to be a friend. I'm not saying friends can't travel to see each other, but when you're dating a guy and the relationship is pretty recent, it's going to get him thinking something's up.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd end a new relationship over that. 100% don't want the drama and uncertainess having an ex around so wouldn't bother

1|1
    0|0
  • Well, did you tell him b4 hand that you were gonna visit your ex? If not, than this is kinda on you. Trust is a big thing.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes