Guy suddenly stopped seeing me because I spent the day with my ex?

I met him a month ago. He's the first guy I really liked in a long time. We had sex last weekend for the first time. Then yesterday we made plans to spend this weekend together. Today I drove for 2 hours to hang out with my ex boyfriend. When I came back at night, the guy I'm seeing said it was a stupid thing for me to do and doesn't think he wants to talk to me anymore.
I mean what the hell?

718

Most Helpful Guy

• You drove 2 hours to 'hang out' with an ex...

Yeah, it's a real mystery.

That guy did the only correct thing of all the options he had.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know why everybody is blindly assuming this new guy is your boyfriend. Anyhow, your status with your ex is your business. I don't know what you may have told the new guy with regard to your previous relationship, but you've only known him for a month. He has little ground to pass judgement on you. Plus he wasn't around you and your ex to witness the dynamic between you two. It's not a crime to be friendly with an ex! Lol Maybe you did act a little hastily in sleeping with him so soon, or maybe he's the jealous type. Be careful getting too comfortable around new people too quickly. Maybe he's jumping to conclusions. I can understand if he sad upset, but he really handled the situation poorly. No tact there. Try to talk to him and explain what was going on. But if he's so foolish he won't talk to you after this one thing, you're better off moving on. He's showing you his true colors now.

• If he's upset*

• Whatever. I'd still would have dumped. She deserves it.

• And men are blithely supposed to accept any treatment that women mete out? He wasn't wrong at all.