Don't you think seeking revenge is wrong & you should let karma take care of things instead?

I just need different opinions because I know some people thinking seeking vengeance is okay. I'm always passive about these kind of situations & let people get karma instead of doing it myself because I feel like it's a waste of time & me seeking revenge will just get me karma as well. I believe I can avoid karma by just letting karma get to others on its own. You know?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Youve answered your own question, just don't see it...Karma is a bitch and it will get you; may take alittle time, but why should you stoop to their low level and do something just as low, and you may regret? Believe me, they will get their own medicine; and this will make you a better person!

What Guys Said 3

• I believe taking revenge is wrong, however, not for the reason you cite. Being as Karma is a teaching of Buddhism, based on a theory of moral causation, and I'm a Christian, this teaching is at odds with my world view. I refrain from acts of vengeance as I believe God is completely in control of my life, and all vengeance is in His domain. A lot of Chinese restaurants leave food out for the Buddha, which of course he never eats. Simply put, I can't hang wid da Buddha, because he doesn't eat his fooda.

• I'm not a Buddhist. To me, karma is the same thing the bible says "You reap what you sow." Same difference & that's what I meant.

• I'd bet my life on what the Bible says, and in fact I do everyday even. We'll all indeed reap what we sow, though not all will do so in this life. When ya think about it, we're better off reaping what we sow in this life, as eternity is a lot like forever! ; - )

• Depends what its for and what kind of revenge are trying to get. If it's something that's not such a big deal, or if the revenge you are trying to get is just as bad as what happened to you in the first place then its probably not a good idea.

• Actually I think revenge is great. People say it makes you crazy, but that's bullsh*t. There's no such thing as karma.

What Girls Said 3

• If you seek revenge, you're no better than the one who did you wrong.

• I believe in karma wholeheartedly, I believed in revenge when I was much younger, but not anymore because it didn't solve anything or provide closure. Sometimes there would be nothing better than to see someone get his/hers right before your very own eyes. The fact is what you put into the universe returns to you in some fashion. Some things are out of our hands, and we have to let karma handle it and this is how I view things now.

• its not really WRONG, its just that it could backfire on you