Don't you think seeking revenge is wrong & you should let karma take care of things instead?

I just need different opinions because I know some people thinking seeking vengeance is okay. I'm always passive about these kind of situations & let people get karma instead of doing it myself because I feel like it's a waste of time & me seeking revenge will just get me karma as well. I believe I can avoid karma by just letting karma get to others on its own. You know?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Youve answered your own question, just don't see it...Karma is a bitch and it will get you; may take alittle time, but why should you stoop to their low level and do something just as low, and you may regret? Believe me, they will get their own medicine; and this will make you a better person!

What Guys Said 4

• I believe taking revenge is wrong, however, not for the reason you cite. Being as Karma is a teaching of Buddhism, based on a theory of moral causation, and I'm a Christian, this teaching is at odds with my world view. I refrain from acts of vengeance as I believe God is completely in control of my life, and all vengeance is in His domain. A lot of Chinese restaurants leave food out for the Buddha, which of course he never eats. Simply put, I can't hang wid da Buddha, because he doesn't eat his fooda.

• I'm not a Buddhist. To me, karma is the same thing the bible says "You reap what you sow." Same difference & that's what I meant.

• I'd bet my life on what the Bible says, and in fact I do everyday even. We'll all indeed reap what we sow, though not all will do so in this life. When ya think about it, we're better off reaping what we sow in this life, as eternity is a lot like forever! ; - )

• Depends what its for and what kind of revenge are trying to get. If it's something that's not such a big deal, or if the revenge you are trying to get is just as bad as what happened to you in the first place then its probably not a good idea.

• Yes but you're also forgetting that wishing evil on somebody for doing you wrong is also wrong. Take no joy in their payback.

I don't do it to my girlfriend who recently broke up with me. I could have blasted her nudes online but deleted them all instead.

• Actually I think revenge is great. People say it makes you crazy, but that's bullsh*t. There's no such thing as karma.

What Girls Said 4

• karma is not just good for anybody. People play god to say that. Karma is good , god is holy. People can not see that. They are blind. They treat other people wrong. They never stop doing that. It is a world problem. Governments allow eat and tell people to eat their karma and take it because they deserve it. So they do never interfere with their law but passive watch how people incassesate their bad karma as debt. This is not from God at all and they are not Christians like do Gods will they follow their own will and own man made will and pretend it is from God. I know God. For the real God is no place anymore on this planet because of this and this is what we remember on Christmas the birth of Christ but there was no place for him remember. And also they make you this forget so you do not understand the Christmas story and tell you it is just for money created and heathen but it is not. It is on the coldest day. So it is when people are cold in caracter. There is no love anymore and no care and no effection. I can not remember Jesus talked about revenge.

• If you seek revenge, you're no better than the one who did you wrong.

• I believe in karma wholeheartedly, I believed in revenge when I was much younger, but not anymore because it didn't solve anything or provide closure. Sometimes there would be nothing better than to see someone get his/hers right before your very own eyes. The fact is what you put into the universe returns to you in some fashion. Some things are out of our hands, and we have to let karma handle it and this is how I view things now.

• its not really WRONG, its just that it could backfire on you