Is feeling like this normal?

I broke up with my now-ex (3 weeks ago). He was a great guy. He was always there for me, remembered the little things, went out of his way to make me happy, made me a priority even though he was busy, etc. But, he just seemed kind of boring - didn't like going out and partying like I do. The one-on-one dates he planned were romantic, sweet, and fun, but I guess I just got bored and it bothered me that I couldn't take him to a party since I knew he wouldn't enjoy it.
Now I'm starting to miss him, even though I know most of the time we wouldn't really have fun together. Is it normal to feel this way? Does this sound like regret?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you guys are different people, see if he makes an effort to be more social or no it won't work. He shouldn't change who he is to be with you but remember too that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Maybe he wants to be more of the party social guy but was introverted cuz he didn't feel welcome. If he wants to be with you that might mean he wants to be a more social guy but can't be (exactly like me) maybe not but I'm a quiet introverted guy who wants to be social. I make active steps in that direction but it's still hard when my girlfriend made it harder but expected me to be it. She saw me trying though. I recommend you give him the chance to prove you wrong, if he doesn't then it wasn't meant to be

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it's normal to have an after taste of a relationship after it ends. Your relationship to begin with sounds like you two were very respectful of each other and had a mutual liking of each other. You two simply weren't compatible, and thus, the relationship had to end. You may have a little bit of regret because he sounded like he cared about you a lot. However, you have to remember that the reason you broke up was simply because you two didn't share enough interests.

• He did care, a lot more than any other guy that I've dated. He was also the most respectful guy that I've ever been with. But it is true, we didn't have many interests in common. He's the type of guy who studies a lot, volunteers his time on the weekends to help others (mostly kids) and treats his girlfriend with respect. I'm more of the "party on the weekends" type - I also volunteer, just not as much as him.