Is sex a common cause of divorce?

Add a personal anecdote.

726

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Infidelity and $$$ are the 2 biggest reasons for divorce. 70% of divorces are filed by the woman; many have new partners before moving on. I suggest you read WOMAN"S INFIDELITY by Michelle Langley a 3X divorcee. It's a sad, cautionary tale that shows you point by point who women divorce men these days. It shows how they separate them from their homes, children and $$$. It's a great HOW TO GUIDE if you want to be a POS.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if it's common, but it was a huge factor in my divorce.

What Guys Said 25

• Probably, if you include caring and tenderness as an aspect of sexuality, yes, it's probably the basic cause of most divorces. Not infidelity, but the lack of mutual understanding and compassion...

• Lack of sex in a marriage could be a cause of it.
    So can lack of communication about it or communication in general.
    I think your question is a little to general to give a good answer to it.

• 100% of the divorces are people who were married, proving that marriage causes divorce.

• Yes. Lack of it, or one party (usually her) getting it somewhere else.

• Marriage is the most common cause of divorce. It is present in literally 100% of divorces!

• Yes it is. 90% of the friends and family report to me that sex slows down after marriage and stops completely after kids. DO. NOT. GET. MARRIED. PERIOD.

• Lack of sex maybe, leads to cheating and stuff

• If you're not sexually compatible, you're not going to be in a relationship for long.

• I don't think so.

• marriage is...😂😂😂😂

• Nooooooo not really unless there problems down there

• no i dont think so at all it seems to be the most easy thing to blame but never mentioned!

• What?

• I divorced my wife when I found out she'd been cheating, so 'yes''.

• And also a common reason for marrige.

• Money problems is one of the leaders.

• Yes. Lack of it, or one party (usually her) getting it somewhere else

• yes , hell yes

• no marriGE IS

• No but cheating is.

• Yes, after 5 years of no sex, mom got a divorce. Rather then marriage counseling when the problem started.

• I've read it's one of the main two. Issues around sex, issues around money.

Disagreements on raising kids number three.

• If there's not enough hardcore sex? Possibly.

• It would make sense. I don't see how a person who rolls over and cries continuously after sex could keep that up for more than two years.
    That person is me...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• Less sex in marriages if don't deliberately are one of the common causes that fuel infidelity, which later leads to divorce. The main reason this happens is often those who hate sex with their spouses, resentment because they feel 'trapped' in a marriage, and because of lust, immaturity, and selfish BEFORE marriage. If they were sexually active and weren't virgins before marriage this is one of the leading causes besides finances, lack of communication, different views, mistrust, jealousy, and intentions.

• No, you can give a man all the sex in the world and some will still cheat. It doesn't not matter. a lot of men just get tired and bored of the same women and want something different, like a thrill.

• I wouldn't think so unless sex is the main priority they tied the knot

• it is if your parent doesn't like the way you have sex then it can cause problems and if he is having sex with another person then it cause lots of problems to

• Yeah. But love is more important than sex. Love helps good and enjoyable sex in marria

• they might think sex is all you want... people want an emotional connection not just sexual tension..