I can't move on from my ex and I don't know what to do anymore?

helpha
It's been two years since we've talked and i'm scared ill never move on. We dated for over a year and he was the most romantic person I've ever met - he sent me 20 love letters begging to get me back or even talk to him after we broke up. I tried to move on quickly and dated a new guy for a year, who ended up to be my best friend, but we had zero connection, romance, or passion, which only enhanced my desire to feel what I felt for my ex again. What I felt with him was pure magic, and what sucks is that he promised he'd always be mine if I came back to him - he'd wait forever.

Problem is, we broke up for VERY good reasons, he cheated constantly, was mixed up with drugs and drinking, and was really fucked up. I just can't forget our connection. I have tried and it's like a magnetic pull everywhere I go and I'm starting to freak out, after two years of a healthy happy life, he still follows me everywhere. Should I contact him? Try to be friends so my mind calms down and I stop CONSTANTLY thinking about him?

And yes, I have gone to therapy and nothing is helping. I think the only thing that would help is to meet someone who makes me feel as strongly, but at this point I think it's impossible.
3
0