What do you do after you've been broken up with?

Most people eat their feelings away, but what do you do?

2627

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, one of the best things to do is to take some time out for yourself to do some things you enjoy, meet with your close friends and talk about what you need to talk about and find an outlet to express what your feeling. That might be journaling, art, music, sport, anything that you connect with that lets you feel like you again. After a breakup you go through a lot of things and you have to allow yourself to process it all, while finding yourself again.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So what do YOU do?

• Well, I'm mainly telling you to connect with friends and talk to people because I didn't do that when I've broken up and really regretted it. When you're spending a lot of time with your partner you don't see your friends as often, but it's times like these you really need them. I was sad a lot, I found that just writing out what I was thinking and feeling helped a lot. Doing some art work helped a lot, and praying and reading the bible did too (I'm Christian), I found it really encouraging. The time the break up was the worst, was when I did the opposite of the advice I gave you. I was just sad and shut myself away, thinking about them and how to win them back. It was ages before I expressed or dealt with anything and it was not worth it. So yeah, investing in interests, investing in others, investing in yourself.