My boyfriend is selfish in sex?

me and my boyfriend we r sexualy active but since he is abroad and we r in a long distance relationship since five months whenever he asks me to have sex (u know how) i just do it because i don't want him unfulfilled but yesterday I dumped him because he is selfish when i ask him to have sex and he just gives excuses like "am tired" and "i need to sleep" and the next day when he asks me and i say lets do it.
so yesterday i thought i had enough of this nonsense he doesn't want to fulfill me when i need it he only does it when he wants to. (and i don't want to cheat)
did i did the right thing?

12