How do I get over my ex who is also my friend?

So, let's get to it, shall we? Right, I knew this girl for a while, we both hung out in the same friend group. We were very comfortable around each other. I tried hitting on her once and she rejected me, she told me that she wasn't looking for a relationship right then. Then she came to me months later and that's when we dated.

We were a happy couple, we didn't fight, and we had jolly ole' fun. Then she broke up with me because she wasn't ready for the commitment involved in a relationship. She told me she still liked me but she's trying to get over that because she believes she is more independent when it comes to problems and that's apparently a big "no no" in relationships.

So anyways, it's been a week of trying to figure things out and I even talked to her privately to kind of get some closure. She told me it's best to move on because she doesn't think she's going to date anyone soon.

So yeah, even if I wanted her back, she probably doesn't want a second chance. So how do I get over her? I see her everywhere I go and do. It's hard to get over her.

I'm also afraid that I'm going to fall back for her once I get over her and become friends. What should I do?

• Distance my self temporarily from my friend group to recover.
  • Try to block out those thoughts.
  • If I sill feel this way in the next couple months, talk to her.
    Vote C
  • Just don't be friends
    Vote D

01