Even once you've moved on, do you ever remember an ex and think about them or miss them sometimes?

• yes
    83%(70)85%(112)Vote88%(42)
  • no
    17%(14)15%(20)Vote12%(6)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• Had a few short relationships which dont really count cause it didn't go past a month or 2 neither was i interested in them that much BUT...

had a 5 year relationship and things didn't work out in the end. We were 2 completely persons who liked different things and had different interests so we ended the relationship mutually in good terms. She decided she didn't want ro be friends nor did she want to be friends at least for a long time. To be honest, it happened 2 years ago and I've had a couple hook ups but almost daily i think about my ex of 5 years. Always wonder what she was thinking or how she changed and what things i did wrong or right. Dont get me wrong, best thing we did was to split up and go our own ways but I always look back and remember those good times we had and the things i learned from her and how i wish i could go back and relive those great times when we were happy together. I also get mad at myself sometimes for the things i said to her as well as the things dhe did to me and said to me that hurt me. It might seem like i still have feelings for her or that im not over her but i am. All i wish is to be able to talk to her and have a conversation every once in a while. We dont have to be friends but we can be civil and act like 2 people that grew up together and dated for 5 years. But in the end sometimes is better to leave things in the past and not look back but its hard not to when you are away from home for school on your own and basically alone. Its good to reminisce, to look back and learn from your mistakes but its bad when you get stuck on that page. My has been so much better since we broke up. And now i think i kind of like my best friend! And she's in my hometown unfortunately but its ok we talk all the time :) ( sorry for my grammar)

• It kind of sounds like your not completely over her in my opinion.

• @matt1209 I am! Trust me I dont want to be in no romantic relationship or sexual activy with her, I just want us to be cool and be civil since we have so many memories together. How nice will it be if we grow old and she or I tell the story about how we dsted for 5 years and it didn't work out but we moved on and have no regrets and we are acquainted friends you know? In fact, if she was to ask me for advice on guys i would be more than welcome to do that and i wish she felt the same way. But unfortunately she doesn't. But I am over her. Maybe I miss having her in my life that might be the right way of summing all this up.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't miss my ex, but it has been 7 years since we broke up. We were together for a year and we didn't have the greatest relationship. Did not communicate well at all. Not that we fought, because we rarely did, but we just never really got that emotionally intimate or physically intimate for that matter. I do wonder how he is doing and we are friends on Facebook, but don't really talk. I am very happy in my current relationship and share something with my boyfriend now that my ex and I never had, so it is really difficult to miss my ex.

What Guys Said 11

• More than that, I still find myself dreaming of a couple every now and then. And many little things will remind me of them. As for missing them, every now and then. But it's been so long, that all I'm missing is the memory of who they once were or what we once had. So I'm not really missing "them" per se, more or less just missing the past.

• I'll remember them, obviously. They were once a very important piece in your life, so it's not something you will forget, but I certainly don't miss them.

• The ones who I really liked but had to split up for various reasons that weren't bad, yes I can miss them if I think about it. The ones who were awful and toxic, I might think of them but not miss them. More glad that I broke away. LOL...

• all the time. I think unless it was a pretty violent break-up, it's normal to always miss them once in a while.

• Oh I remember them, but I also remember why it didn't work.

• Sometimes a smell like perfume will remind me of an ex. I bought some chapstick once that was mint flavored and the taste reminded me of kissing an ex.

• Think about? Sure! Miss? No!

• Neither. If I'm out of that relationship then that means I wasn't supposed to be in it.

• nah, fuck that shit.

• yeah its only natural

• You see this is why men shouldn't date older women. The Alpha widows and remembrance of their Ex, will always keep her from ever truly loving you.

Seriously guys. Don't wife up a girl who is over 30.

What Girls Said 18

• I had a couple of on and off relationships and frankly, I don't miss them at all. We began as friends for about a year and then began dating for a month. Sure, they were good friends, but they didn't seem to give any effort for the relationship. I was always the one putting in effort and they didn't ever appreciate me, so I cut it off.

A few years later, they tried to get in touch with me to see what I was up to. I had actually forgot about them entirely until that point, and I didn't really have any feelings for them anymore. The conversation didn't last long and I haven't heard from them since. I never missed them and I probably never will. They gave me nothing in the relationship to remember them by.

• That's completely normal, honestly my ex boyfriend and I had so much wonderful memories and arguments. He was in the military so times were tough, but still works works. Honestly it depends what you shared with your ex. Mine was the first guy I fell deeply in love with. It will change within time but it will stay in your heart. ❤️

• I think if you've cared about someone that deeply, there will never be a day that goes by without a thought of them crossing your mind.

• Yes, I think of them from time to time.

• Of course. It's totally normal.

• Think yes but I don't miss them

• Yes sometimes when something bad happens with me I remember him with all those bad things and he's one of them so I'll remember him anyway..

• Generally my exs and I broke it off because of differences so I often miss who they we're before these differences became a problem. Which is to say I basically miss new relationships because they're full of exitment.

• Think about them sure, but not too often as more time passes, and I've never really missed an ex.

• No screw that lmao 🖕

• think about them? YES. once in a while is normal
    miss them? NO.

• think about them yes but not missing

• Often. "Moving on" is a misleading metaphor. You never forget a good boyfriend.

• yes sometimes

• Yeah all the time I wonder how he's doing then I think back to what we had.

• All the time. I definitely miss a guy i used to hang our /hook up with

• And masturbate to them

• I am essentially forced to think about my ex because he died in a freak accident while on vacation, and the loss severely effected my group of friends. We broke up on good terms, so we remained friends long after we broke up. He was my best friends husbands best friend--they had birthdays one day apart from one another. Everyone knew him. It's been tough. Holidays, birthdays, and events we all used to attend make all of us think about him.