Was I wrong to break up with him?

I have been seeing a man that I have been acquainted with for over 25 yrs. We are both mid 40's.Both single, both wanted marriage, he wanted children, I have a child but cannot have more.We decided to see each other anyway. the relationship became one sided where I was doing more work, We lived an hour drive away form each other ,but I was doing all the driving to his place, he never asked me to movies, or dinner on weekend he always had plans, his calls became less frequent, I was not a frequent caller either, I thought that he would like the freedom. Finally when we were together even if he called and asked me to come to his place,many times he would be rude and cold, sometimes we had sex, sometimes we didn't.He would ignore text and not return calls as if it was OK even though we had discussed this issue. Finally after 4 mos I broke it off and his response was to say that I was a pain in the butt and he agreed to the break up and see me around.I was shocked...tempted to callback and discuss it but I have decided to move on but his reaction was hurtful, it has been 2 weeks, should I just move on and never contact him?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• NO, were RIGHT to break up with him! He does not seem to be at all worried about your thoughts or feelings. You said he ignored your text/calls, makes no effort to see or communicate with you, and is rude/cold when you were with him. You definately do not want this man in your life. I realize it's hard not to be hurt, but really, he does not deserve it. I would not contact him for any reason. There is no reason to treat someone the way he treated you. Don't waste your time on him. You deserve better.

• Thank you and I do agree with you , I think that I was shocked at his reaction to me breaking up with him because I was making exscuses for his conduct all the time. Dating does not get better with age...

• I hope you're making progress, and making progress little by little.

What Guys Said 2

• I think and I too am having relationship problems that you should not contact him. He docent seems to be interested in you much less love you. I think it hurts you first of all he said some mean things but I think that the main reason was because you work so much harder to made te relationship work and you probably had this image of him, in the future with you and you're kids. But it was not meant to be, Do the no contact rule and see if he calls or text you if you're not interested in him don't pick up the phone. If you think it can still work... you can talk to him after he calls you no the other way around. My personal thought are that is not going to work and you should move on if you call him he'll probably treat you bad and the you would be hurt even more.

• Thank you and I am not going to call..i realize that his response was in an effort to turn the rejection back on me, it hurt but I should not have been suprised....

• um...no he really doesn't seem to want you.

MAYBE if he had acted like he cared when your broke up ...but this guy isn't acting 40 he is acting 12 anyways move on.

• Thanks, I appreciate that..I am sticking to the no call rule. ...moving on..good to kmake sure that I am doing the right thing!

What Girls Said 1

• hey go read my stories/articles click the one that says how I feel in love and something happen please please please check it out a millons times PLEASE