Was I wrong to break up with him?

I have been seeing a man that I have been acquainted with for over 25 yrs. We are both mid 40's.Both single, both wanted marriage, he wanted children, I have a child but cannot have more.We decided to see each other anyway. the relationship became one sided where I was doing more work, We lived an hour drive away form each other ,but I was doing all the driving to his place, he never asked me to movies, or dinner on weekend he always had plans, his calls became less frequent, I was not a frequent caller either, I thought that he would like the freedom. Finally when we were together even if he called and asked me to come to his place,many times he would be rude and cold, sometimes we had sex, sometimes we didn't.He would ignore text and not return calls as if it was OK even though we had discussed this issue. Finally after 4 mos I broke it off and his response was to say that I was a pain in the butt and he agreed to the break up and see me around.I was shocked...tempted to callback and discuss it but I have decided to move on but his reaction was hurtful, it has been 2 weeks, should I just move on and never contact him?
Was I wrong to break up with him?
Add Opinion