Do Guys Really Know What They're Doing When They Get Wasted?

So I just found out that my boyfriend cheated on me. This is how it went down. I called him to ask him if he had cheated on me and of course he says no but I already had proof still he said no.Later on that day when he was off work , I called him letting him know that I was leaving him and he would never hear from me again. It got real bad now even though I had this awful feeling that it was true, I was hoping that it wasn't true well he finally broke down and said this to me" if I tell you ,will you leave me " and of course I said NO but I had to say that in order for him to tell me. And he said YES,! I was SO shocked I broke down really bad ...I told him that it was over I didn't want anything thing to do with him and he said that it was a huge mistake what he had done that that's why he didn't want me to found out because I was going to leave him I was like duh what did you think that I was going to like hurray. He says that he had gone to friends to drink and he got so wasted that he ended up with another chick. I was like whatever but he says that he loves me and does not want to lose me that he knows he f***ed up real bad that he was not going to drink with out me.. should I give him another chance?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Alcohol lowers the inhibitions and people do things they would not normally do sober, people can go into a blackout and not know what they are doing. Now lying about it to you when he is sober is another issue. Lying is terrible in a relationship. Can you ever trust him again, is the question you have to ask yourself. Do you think with time you can trust him again? If you think you may be able to trust him sometime down the road, maybe you should give him ONE more chance. If you think the trust is irrevocably broken, move on. There HAS to be trust in a relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• If he truly loved you, he wouldn't have gotten blackout drunk and cheated on you with another woman. Whether you give him another chance is up to you, but I totally stand by my first sentence.

• I think drinking is an accuse. That he got soooo wasted to make an excuse for himself even if he doesn't belive it himself.

What Girls Said 2

• I would think about giving a 2nd chance, but I probably wouldn't because there would always be trust issues in the future after that. Also if he had told the truth straight away it would make it easier to forgive but he lied so he's capable of treating you bad while he's sober too.

• dont give him another chance he doesn't deserve it.

u know what's funny...when guys cheat and use alcohol as an excuse..have you noticed that they don't get drunk and f*** another guy? its always another girl right! I mean if people don't know what they're doing when they get f***ed up, why do they always f*** another person that happens to be of the opposite sex? he didn't f*** one of his male friends he f***ed a girl. lol he knew what he was doing he just used alcohol as an excuse. you deserve better...also he shouldnt have put himself in that position to get drunk and f*** someone else anyway. if you give him another chance he will most likely cheat again