How do you get over a relationship?

I was with someone who was obsessed with his ex, had me buying him things and after we finished he was with someone less than a week later. Logically i shouldn't feel so bad, he's broke, bad with money, smokes weed all day and obviously didn't care about me.
I've blocked him but I don't want him to forget me, I don't understand why I'm so hung up on him when I write all this down I know I deserve better. I just feel so worthless.
what do you do to cheer yourself up after a breakup?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Focus on yourself and do things you enjoy doing. Have some 'me time' forget about him. You already know you haven't lost anything because he wasn't a high value guy to begin with, so there's nothing to be sad about. Time really is the only thing that will get you over a relationship, but focusing on other things can help mask it in the meantime.

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG I am literally going through the same thing with someone who I was talking too. I want to get over him badly but I find myself thinking about him from time to time. Trust after weeks and months it does get better but doesn't go away completely. The guy Im talking about used me over and over again. I got fed up with him using me and then finally forced myself to get over him. Its not easy tho, because I really believed in the beginning that we had a connection. Im a single mother, and im struggling and it sucks that he would try to take advantage of me, but i blame myself for letting him come into my life. I was feeling desperate and lonely and wanted someone to talk to and be there for me. But he definitely wasn't the one for me. One day you will realize and move on. It takes time tho.

• I ended because I knew he was using me he wasn't over his ex, and less than a week later he took a new girl to my friends I was devastated, it's been a month and he's still with her, but he won't add her on fb so his ex won't see. I don't want him with her. I don't know, I want us to be happy and not talk about his ex, he's more than likely doing the same to this girl but I'm still wondering if she's so much more better than me xx