How should I end things with this guy? He wanted to go from talking everyday to "time to time", haven't heard from him in 2 weeks or for Thanksgiving?

LoveHolyGod
Was talking to someone who said they want to go from everyday talking to "time to time", because we live across country, he said it makes it miserable that he can not have me and being in constant contact makes it difficult for him. Heven said I am special to him, he loves my heart, that he is very attracted to me. We used to talk every day, then he said he would pursue me more if we lived closer and because he can not have me it makes it miserable. Sounds like blah blah blah to me, not to be mean. I tried to end things a few times fully, he asked me not to and said he please wants to keep I contact just every once in a while. Tried to agree to be friends but why does he even eat to be friends, why did he just not fully end things himself? Haven't heard from him in almost two weeks, and if he cared as much as he has said, I just think he would not be able to stop himself from reaching out because his feelings would be strong enough to make him. My feelings are strong enough but I can not because he is the one who said we shoud talk less and don'the want to have to push anyone to want to talk to me. I am really done, I do not see any way he could care about me as I do him by his actions of wanting to talk less due to "distance", and for him not contacting me for two weeks, not even on Thanksgiving yesterday. Should I just leave it the way it is and ignore him if he doubtfully contacts me, change my number without telling him new one and tell him changed it and goodbye, or just tell him good bye and best wishes for good?
2
1