How can I get my mom to divorce my dad?

He has failed to provide for our family financially wise. Yes, we have food in our fridge and a roof over our heads but my house is not as nice as the ones we used to have. We used to be rich. We used to own bmw and live in one of the best neighborhoods with a golf course. The house was huge. We even had a home movie theater. I'm not used to living so "average" now. I'm used to the "good life" i don't know what happened with his business it was going so well. He is an entreprenuer Or however you spell it. He says that his work is finally going somewhere but i'm not sure if i believe him. This has caused so many fights. Our family is not the same anymore. I can't even look at my dad anymore. now that he is a failure & he always asks me why i'm so distant. I really need a new father that has money and can provide for us the way my dad used to. I don't want average, i want MY OLD LIFE BACK. I feel like a divorce would help. I need her to divorce him and find a rich man. how do i bring this up to her and how do i convince her? I neeed a new dad!! I can't stand how he ruined my life. I'll never forgive him. by the way i'm 16
Updates:
If you're saying that i'm a troll you can leave please get the fuck out of my question if your're not gonna take me seriously
Please read on what i've gone through under hidden_ps opinion.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, i came from a rich fam too... and we drove Mercedes's not BMW's... and for a while (years) in my life i still ended up homeless because of my mom throwing me out of a house my dad paid for... trust me on this darling... make your own life. Trying to depend on money or someone that has it... will only fuck you up. make your OWN money.
    My mom is an evil bitch from hell who only wanted my dad for his money, and i being the first son, is set to inherit all that but... BUT she bled him dry... and while she was doing it, i let the moron know she was doing it but he won't listen... my older sis saw it, n left the whole family, now she is an accountant, I saw it, i left, now im in IT, lets not even talk about my younger siblings who are more successful... we all tried to get him to see it but he refuses.
    Thing is... you can't make em do anything.. just branch out. You are 16, you have time. focus on being successful... and then leave the two morons alone. Thats the best i can tell you... take it or leave it.
    You wanna depend on someone else's money, you will live a very rich BUT unhappy life... your choice... money, or happiness.

3|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• It's time that you grow up. Life is not all about the good things. It is a struggle and you are a spoiled brat. Your father obviously cares about his family and you need to look at the big picture. He is not going to be around forever and if this is how you are going to think about him like that then you will later regret it when he is six feet under and all you cared about is money. Big fucking deal. Get over yourself

2|0
    0|0
    • You don't understand what i'm going through. It's his fault that our family is suffering. Money is a lot more important than you may think. I don't deserve this nasty treatment from my dad nor the people on here. Thanks for nothing

• I do understand and you need to take a chill pill. If your family is suffering, then get your ass in gear and help out. Get a waitressing job or even a paperroute. Stop making excuses for yourself and care about someone other than yourself.

• Wow, you are a little ungrateful turd.
    You also didn't lose everything.
    Honestly, a person like you doesn't even deserve money

5|2
    0|0
  • In other words your spoiled and entitled brat who's unhappy because daddy doesn't have as big of a house as before. Well you know what sweetheart that's life I used to live in a bigger house to, bigger yard everything and here I am living in a much smaller house and we almost lost everything but you don't seem me bitching and complaining about it.

So shut your mouth and be grateful your not living out on the street, your father would be ashamed of you if he knew what you really were. Maybe you do need to be thrown out on the street though so you can get a decent dose of reality.

4|1
    1|0
  • Dude chill out. in 2 years you can be out on your own and eating cheap Ramen noodles every day if you think you can provide better...

also a divorce will probably make it worse honestly so think before you say something stupid

2|0
    0|0
  • you're an ingrate who should be disowned and thrown out.

Privileged little twat needs to check her privilege

2|0
    1|0
    • *reads Hidden_P comment thread*

You came off on the question vain and materialistic that's why you got so much flak.

I honestly have no advice other than to get a job and start supporting the lifestyle you want to live.

But don't commit suicide, that's definitely not the answer.

• You're not homeless.
    You don't get abused.
    Your mom has someone she loves.

Not everyone can say those things.

2|0
    0|0
  • You need to get out of your parent's lives and never come back.

2|0
    0|0
  • Attend therapy before that brain gets a Premium boost at 18!

1|0
    0|0
  • You can always leave the house and take control of your life. Why messing a couple first?

1|0
    0|0
    • Yep. That's exactly what she needs is to be kicked out and then she can learn how hard it is to make a living.

• Pfff what a troooollll

2|0
    1|0
    • YO IF YOU'RE JUST GONNA MAKE FUN OF MY SITUATION THEN YOU DON'T NEED TO SAY AMYTHING AT ALL. YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW ME OR MY STORY. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HARD IT IS.

• Show All
    • @MasqueradeMassacreTM Thought she was gone... I guess being a troll is a lonely life.

• "You don't know my story" never heard that one lmao

• I swear these questions are made by trolls lol

3|0
    0|0
    • I swear you are an asshole that needs to shut up. If you're not gonna give me any advice or try to help me then do not give your unneeded opinion thank you

• Show All
    • Whre are you from?

• Not telling you you weird freak

• You're lucky to have anything,

2|0
    0|0
  • Tell your dad this.

Your life is going to get so much shittier in 2 years. They'll make you go it alone from your 18th birthday forward for being such a little shit.

2|0
    0|0
  • Your just a spoiled little brat. Good luck getting guys in the future with that attitude.

2|0
    0|0
  • You can make some extra money by becoming a prostitute since that's the only thing you're spoiled ass is worth.

2|0
    0|0
  • What's your mom's number I will get her to send you to military schools

3|2
    1|0
    • I'm going to tell your future already you going to marry way to young then get knocked up and spend 10 to 15 years getting abused in every way because he has cash then you will leave or go on a killing spree also your clearly a soseopath

• As a soseopath it would be better if you killed your dad so your mom would get everything plus the life insurance

What Girls Said 18

• Your dad definitely failed at something, but it wasn't wealth, it was raising you with no morals or gratitude.

What a horrible daughter, you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself. You have a roof over your head and food in your stomach which is more than a third of the worlds population.

6|1
    1|0
    • Right! I swear is like this one rich man case that killed his father because he "couldn't provide" A grown ass man, 35 years old getting allowance from his dad, about $7,000 and the dad only cut off $200. Then in jail he demanded a TV and better food. I swear I'm glad I come from a middle-poor family. I at least know I have morals with parents that actually care for my well being and not just money

• I don't think your a troll. I'm taking what you are saying as serious. Seriously fucked up.
    How could you have become such a horrible Monet grubbing unappreciative gold digger in 16 years on earth. If you learned it from your mom, a divorce is probably not far off but if you have any decensy in your soul you'll spend your time hoping everything is ok with your dad and family instead of trying to break it up for your selfish gain. WTF?

6|1
    0|0
  • You're a privileged little c*nt aren't you? "I want my OLD LIFE BACK" Oh boohoo! You're not rich anymore? You have food, you have clothing, you have a home to sleep in. Cry me a fucking river. Get over yourself. Your father is providing for you, if anything, you need to be kicked out onto the streets to see what it feels like to have nothing. If that's the way you want to act. I bet you get the new iPhone every time it comes out. What a pathetic little brat you are, you honestly deserve nothing.

3|2
    1|0
    • You can thumb me down all you want hun, but you don't get to sit here and be an ungrateful little bitch. You don't know what other people have been through. You're 16 and acting like a god damned black widow. Your ass doesn't deserve a computer, a cell phone, an iPad, or whatever the fuck else other devices you have. Your father is probably paying your phone bill, yet you come on here and you bash him for not being up to your standards. Grow up.

I was abused by my dad, hit, punched, beaten, you name it. I had to watch my siblings get beaten, and we had to pick each others punishments. My dad had a list and if we chose the 'weakest' one on purpose, he'd starve us. I was sexually abused, I was in foster care twice, I was in and out of group homes in my teens. In and out of hospitals because he'd tell them I was starving myself. Seriously fucking grow up. You are pathetic.

• Honestly, if i were your dad i think he should look at giving you up for adoption because you sound like a poisonous little gutter snipe. Do your mom a favor, grow up and get out of the house on your own because you will never give them peace.

4|2
    1|0
  • I am sorry that you grew up thinking that looks, money and status are all that matter. The truth is, life doesn't entitle you to great wealth. Your dad doesn't owe you anything. It's truly a blessing for you to have love, affection, and provisions. Meaning a roof over your head, food, clothing and schooling if it is available where you live. It sounds like he works really hard for you, yet you remain cold, distant and ungrateful. Try showing him how thankful you are that he loves you and works hard to provide for you. Being grateful will do wonders for your heart, and for your relationship with your father. I hope that you and your sister both begin to develop a love and a passion for life and start to feel better. Make a list of 100 things you love and feel grateful for. When you feel down, look at the list. Spend some time outside in the sunshine. You'll feel better. Also, find some foods that you love, and please remember that food is not your enemy. I hope good things come your way.

2|0
    0|0
  • You need to grow the fuck up.

Aww poor you. Your daddy moved on from jobs because he wasn't happy and he didn't consult you? Get a job and learn how it feels.

Love. I used to hide under tables while my parents hit each other and broke windows and furniture. I had to phone the police on them, I was hit by my mother, abused by her and almost sexually abused by her lover.

You're bitching that your garden isn't big enough? I don't care if you're trolling, you are an immature little girl who had no idea what life outside is really like.

4|2
    0|0
    • "Love. I used to hide under tables while my parents hit each other and broke windows and furniture. I had to phone the police on them, I was hit by my mother, abused by her and almost sexually abused by her lover."
      Holy shit, Are you okay now

• Show All
    • @lovydoey fuck you goodbye

• Asker.

To reiterate other comments, do not say things like that. It's not funny, it's not cool and it's extremely offensive.

I am sorry for the things that you have gone for, HOWEVER, your original post had NOTHING to do with the issues you have brought up hence why people are getting quite upset with you.

Also, a divorce isn't a free thing, just a bit of paper you sign. My parents divorced. Wanna know how much they racked up in legal bills? $40,000. EACH. Have you got a spare $80,000 lying around? And how would it fix things? You would have 1 income instead of 2. Being brutally honest love, you are coming at this with no real information over the logistics, just a lot of misplaced hate and blame.

• Lol, the entitlement... so disgusting. Grow up. People lose jobs and money all the time. And divorce is very expensive. You don't like where you're living now? Haha, you'll end up in a run down apartment after the divorce. And marriage isn't about money, it's about love.

Get over yourself.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm so happy that I'm not ever having children because then I don't have to deal with little shits like you.

4|1
    1|0
  • Wow, are you serious? Nothing is perfect and you need to realize that, things happen in life. Just be thankful that you're not living in a homeless shelter or sleeping in the car.

2|0
    0|0
  • I hope you're not serious about this because you sound like one of the most annoying people ever.

2|0
    0|0
    • You don't know who i am or how much i'm suffering. You are terrible for being so insensitive to my feelings. It's ruined my life and family

• Dude, welcome to the real fucking world. Majority of the people don't have home movie theaters, golf courses, and a bmw. DEAL WITH IT! All we have is a local playground with a roach infestation and drug dealers and septa busses. Stop being a selfish bitch and get over it.

• Your father should disown you for being such a shitty daughter.

3|1
    0|0
  • Wow. You need to be grateful for what you have, and careful for what you wish for.

2|0
    0|0
  • Don't mess up their lives with divorce and forgiveness should be given.

2|1
    0|0
  • Omg you have to live in a average house, you poor ungrateful brat. Go be a gold digger somewhere else and leave your parents alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow. Your parents raised a monster.

1|1
    0|0
  • the same thing happened in my life but unlike you, we all supported him. he's your dad, he provided you when he was able and now he's not. try to support your dad and comfort him. it's sad that people like you still exist, GOLD DIGGER.

0|0
    0|0
  • U have no say, u are their daughter not their consular advicer. Ur role is to be just that a daughter, and for ur parents to be ur parents but theirtheir marriage relationship is also separate from parental relationship. There is nothing much u can do or say.

Also. When divorce hits, ur mom will lose a lot and finding a "rich" man doesn't equal happiness. What if ur "step dad" is cruel to u and doesn't acknowledge u as his and gives more attention to the new member, aka ur "future step-siblings"

Life is tough and u don't get what u want only by wishing for it. U don't need to be rich u need to find happiness in the things that can't be bought. Because in the end of this journey, we all leave this world with nothing, no richness, no car, no house. And if u are greedy person then u will be easily forgotten as for people mostly will want to be with u only for money. And when u no longer prove them with money then they will forget all about u. What u need to do, is to know that mommy is not going to provide for u forever, and if once she is gone and u are an adult u will be useless as for u got used to the lifestyle of "give me give me I'm greedy".

Rich person can be poor for it only can love itself and measure love by objects. While others see love in the things that can not be bought. U can't buy love, u can't buy affection, u can't buy time, u can't buy kisses, u can't buy a hug, u can't buy a talk, u can't buy a relationship. Grow up and go volunteer to less fortunate that are waaay emotional stable than u

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm on school paid lunches and I don't have food on the weekends. My mom is a single mother and works three jobs. we live in a small apartment with barely enough room for the four of us plus our dog. I am thankful for the great life god has given me because I know I'm so much luckier than most other people. I'm sorry for your "suffering" but you sound like an ungrateful bitch. Don't ruin your parents happiness and your great life by trying to get them to divorce each other. Grow up and realize you are lucky. Fuck you. Go find Jesus and do some volunteer work because you need it. You have a great life and you should be thankful. Try helping others for a change instead of just trying to help yourself.

4|2
    0|0
    • @asker do you even have a fucking response to this

• Show All
    • You honestly are the kind of person who could restore a persons faith in humanity

• @Waffles731 really? Thanks so much!

Recommended myTakes