Cheating?

So I have been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now. He says that he has NEVER cheated in a relationship in his whole life, he just couldn't do it. And I believe him and I really do trust him. But lately when he goes out with his friends (for about the last 2 weeks), I can't go because I am not 21 yet. I feel this sinking feeling in my stomach and I feel horrible. It feels like what happened the times before when I had been cheating on. I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if it is just my insecurities getting the best of me or what. What do you guys think?

11

What Guys Said 1

• You are definitely being insecure. You are probably feeling left out. And you don't trust the guy. Why you don't trust the guy could very well be your own fault. He may have done absolutely nothing wrong. He may just be going out with his friends, and that's it. Assuming he hasn't done anything distrustful, doesn't your reaction sound a little selfish? After all, it sounds like it was the other guys you dated that did the cheating, not him. Why should he pay for others mistakes. That's called "baggage." Leave it at the door.

I believe people in relationships still need their own life. "Me Time" for example. He needs the opportunity to go out with his friends and you need the opportunity to spend time with your friends.

When he's with his friends or doing other things, take the opportunity to do things that you like, or spend time with your friends. Just because you are in a relationship doesn't mean everything you do needs to be with or about your partner. If you can't be happy with yourself, how the hell can you expect the other person to make you happy.

If you react to this type of insecurity and treat him accordingly, you certainly take the risk of running this guy off, as well as making your life miserable. He's 21, let him enjoy it.

• Thank you, this was very helpful.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you're being paranoid. Unless you can prove (solid evidence) that he's cheating, a gut feeling, while extremely important, isn't proof enough of anything. Instead of sitting at home while he's out with his friends and thinking of things that aren't true, why not go out with your friends and have fun. keep yourself busy so your mind doesn't wander.

• Thanks. And I would love to just go out with my friends every time that he goes out with his. But this is a little impossible. I have a 2 year old son so sometimes it makes it hard for me to just "go out" but I do try to keep busy the best I can :)