What in your opinion are early warning signs that a relationship is failing/falling apart?

There are many reasons why relationships hit a dead end, or love falls apart, etc... please give me your thoughts on some warning signs.

Most Helpful Guy

• Different for every person. You'll know with hindsight. Hindsight is usually pretty good but not 100%.

• How very insightful.

• I was serious, I thought this to be very good. Sometimes we see things after the fact!

• Sometimes, not every time. 50 years later I'm still wondering if my crush back then crushed on me too but just didn't want a boyfriend in HS (like I heard from a mutual friend).

Most Helpful Girl

• not enjoying the same things, not spending enough time together or spending too much time together, having different life goals, not making an effort to change or fix something when its problematic, not being open with each other, not understanding each other.

What Guys Said 18

• From my perspective, warning signs your relationship may be ending or failing is when the two people in the relationship stop communicating with one another and they stop listening to each other, as well. Another aspect is when the two begin doing actions and activities separated from each other; they’re doing their own “thing” so to speak. This is a huge sign the relationship is failing and about to end, because if you’re already leading separate lives in the activities and events you take part in then it is just a natural progression to end the relationship completely and just move on to something else as you’ve both already done while you’re together. The next item would be trust. If trust is no longer a given in your relationship then yes, the relationship is failing and about to end or is ending. If you don’t trust the person you’re with then there’s no longer a reason to be with that person, because in my opinion if you don’t trust the person you’re sharing a bed and life with, then stop sharing a bed and life with that person. This all hinges of course on the concept the two of you don’t want to try and save the relationship and salvage what you have. That's my bottom line.

• lack of emotional connection and communication.
    Mundane routine is bad
    Reduction in laughter... laughter is best medicine
    Sex decline... although that can go up and down, an emotional deferral over extended time likely is issue.
    Grudges held
    lack of expression.
    smashing window out of van with golf club... ya know.. the usual...

• Tough one - It is like how to you know you are falling in love , comfortable silences, you begin to sync etc well when the cracks are coming these things aren't as easy anymore, bad moods last longer, the old fixers don't work anymore, you understand what is going on in your partners head less, you start analysing all your dynamics when things are going well it is so smooth then all of a sudden it is hard work to be with your SO - That is my main sign it has become hard work when it usen't to be.

• Communication dead, private phone calls, gals-night-out private locations, gals vacations sans SOs

• Lack of attention.. Things aren't spontaneous in the bedroom anymore.. Not coming home after work but instead going to a bar or a friends house. When a decision over a movie to watch turns into an argument. Lol I could go on..

• Less contact
    When in contact the interaction is short lived
    One or both parties interested in someone else
    One or both parties fed up of the other

• Lies. The number one warning signs! If you suspect for even a minute that your partner may be lying or trying to hide something, they probably are. I have bene at the receiving end, several times.

• No longer talking , unless you really have to. No much physical contact , normally being in separate rooms in the house.

• Avoiding Unnecessary conversation.
    More possessive
    More secretive
    Violence

• Lack of sexual activity

• 1.) Communication gap

2.) One of both persons are distant
    from another

3.) One gets caught in lie

4.) Constant arguing

• Less communication and less sex

• Constant fighting

• Arguing and insults. An occasional rational disagreement is one thing but when it gets loud and vicious then it's probably over.

• She starts ignoring me

• If you talk less than normal... don't talk about things that move you...

• Shortness of temper.

• lack of interest would be a key on for me

What Girls Said 5

• Pays more attention to other things/people than me

• The moment you start questioning your relationship. The feeling, you know. You just know it.

• If you no longer feel any spark between one another, if sex and romance seems like a chore, if you genuinely don't care if your partner threatens to leave, constant fighting, constantly looking for attention from others, etc.

• immediately i think the minute you stop respecting your partner is the moment the relationship is failing... that comes to mind immediately there's probably a lot of other signs

• When you know you aren't being heard, or can't stand to be around that person, that their everyday behaviors are getting in your nerves.