Ex girlfriend that I dated for 3 years asked to meet so she could have closure. Do I tell my new girlfriend?

I met with my ex girlfriend because she asked to meet so she could have closure. It was as I expected, not fun and she was hurt by how quickly I moved on. I just recently have a new official relationship and am conflicted on whether i need to tell my current girlfriend that I spoke with my ex.
Updates:
I am so dumb I didn't write the question correctly, I already met with my ex girlfriend and gave her closure and am wondering if my girlfriend needs to know
And should I let my current girlfriend know in person? Or is This something doable over the phone?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You should definitely speak to your girlfriend about it whether or not you want to do it. In my honest opinion though, I don't think you should meet her. Next thing you know, she will be obsessive and stalking/harassing your current girlfriend on social media.

0|1
    0|0
    • @Asker, yes, I think you should let her know. But be super super wary of this ex. If she starts anything, just block her or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, in hindsight, you should have told her before you met with the ex, but that's happened now, so tell your current girlfriend that you met for closure, make sure you tell her where you met up with her, (hopefully it was a public place) and that closure was achieved for her.

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol no one has answered if it's okay to do so over the phone or wait until I see her in person! So what do you think?

• Do it sooner rather than later... don't expect a happy response because she will have time to process it which will require you to answer some questions. Don't get defensive, just be honest...

• Thanks for mhg

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Yes. Invite your current girlfriend to come with you, or invite the ex to your house. The meeting will be very embarrassing to explain, if your girlfriend finds out about it by chance. Incidentally it is very cruel to keep dangling yourself in front of a former lover and telling him he can't be close to you ever again. Both of you are doing it. Don't. Make this your last meeting.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should absolutely tell your girlfriend she deserves the right to know, this is someone you have history with.

1|0
    0|0
  • Should've told her before hand. Now even if it was innocent, it'll look shady

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Otherwise it'll look dodgier than it was

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, speak to your current girl friend about this. Why? Cause your ex can make up lies, or even go as far as to stalk you or blow your phone or what ever. If you tell your girlfriend ahead of time she'll know it's not you. Bad part is why would you pay attention to your ex anyway. Your main focus is your current girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if she asks about her. Give her closure. That's very important.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would she be hurt because you moved on? Why not tell your girlfriend?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes