Why are you scared of your own feelings?

Why do guys run away when they realize they have feelings for the girl? or vice versa?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Plausible reasons:

- Fear of comittment

- Fear of rejection

- Fear of resentment

- Fear of pain

etc

Consider it like "buyers remorse"; if you finally buy that new television after saving up all of your money for a couple months, yet you don't like it and can't exchange/return it... What feeling would you have? Or even if you had bought the tv, but later realise that there was a new TV coming around the corner.

There will always be women in this world that shatter men; as much as there are men that shatter women. These breaking-point realisations are what sculpt our personality and desire to lead our own successful lives.

- The people you are noticing, that seem fearful of certain things, may have encountered these "breaking-points" and decided to hide; or they may not have come close to the breaking-point yet, which leaves it as an unknown certainty. In both situations you would have fear.

So it's not that he doesn't like what he sees. It could be for many reasons:

- Maybe he's the guy that's looking at all the prospective women in his life and trying to find a good match.

- Maybe he's a guy that's hurting too much to pursue a relationship again

- Maybe he wasn't interested in you and is trying to save both of you from headaches and heartbreaks.

etc

Ultimately, you are still you and he is still him.

~ ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• For me I usually run because I'm scared of getting hurt again so I avoid it. I know it's not a good thing to do but it's so hard for me to get out of this routine. I also find it hard to let myself be vulnerable to others that can probably hurt me if I actually let them in.

I sometimes fear rejection from the other person I like. Probably because I don't really have that much confidence in myself.

I also know I am not in a good state of mind right now to be in a relationship with another person, so it wouldn't benefit either of us. So I don't think it would be fair to the other person to be involved with me either. I wouldn't be able to give them what they need.

But that's just my reasons for why I run away when I realize I have feelings for another person, not sure what other peoples reasons are though. I hope this gave you some insight :)