Why so many guys can't take rejection well?

I wonder why so many guys can't take rejection well? I understand it hurts but in my opinion it should be taken as natural thing and some guys need to stop act like jerks when girls reject them.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• While no one gets used to rejection, I don't think anyone young takes rejection well. I don't think women take rejection well either -- it's just that they tend to not be the aggressor when it comes to pursuing relationships so they aren't the ones who are constantly at risk. This is why I greatly respect when a woman makes an obvious move at me as I know that it's not probably easy for her to do.

In that regard, I would probably go out with a women who I did not find particularly attractive simply because she put herself out there. You know, like putting her own self-esteem at risk just for a chance to have me take her out? How can I say no?

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you ever been rejected? I noticed you said nothing about girls getting rejected...

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I think a guy can take rejection well and still be a jack ass towards you for rejecting him. I don't think it's the rejection part that makes him lash out at you, I think it's just because he's a jack ass. I'm sure there are guys that don't take it well, but will still react in a way that's not insulting to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Male culture is built around "You're the alpha! You're the best! Be confident! Take what's yours!" That kind of thing. For some guys, when what they've been taught clashes with the real world, it doesn't go well. I don't condone their actions in any way, but that's where they come from.

0|0
    0|0
  • have you ever been rejected so many times that you feel like nothing? I have. Although I do not do anything violent or yelling when I get rejected, I just walk away from her and avoid her as much as possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not mind rejection at all. Frankly it is so common that for the vast majority of males, it is the norm. For every 10 women we approach, we are lucky if even just 1 obliges to our advances. My problem however is when women refuse to be upfront about the fact that they are uninterested. If you are going to reject me, at least have the courtesy to make it as clear and unambiguous as day. Do not be subtle about it, or give indirect hints and then expect for me to somehow read your mind. Doing so just makes me look like a fool in the end, which is what truly makes me angry - not the rejection itself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree i been rejected and never acted like a butt hole about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys shouldn't act like jerks but can anyone REALLY take rejection well?

0|0
    0|0
  • Please like women don't throw bitch fits when Mr. Tall, dark and handsome doesn't want them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say the guys who feel that way are guys who have gone a very long time without any success

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Because it hurts in a way, you're putting your feelings on the line only to find the other person doesn't feel the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is weird it's so many people in the world to feel so hurt over one person, like it's an experience take it with pride and move on. Don't be mad lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes