I don't know what to do, he diabetic and punched me?

Me and him have been going out over 2 years on and off. He's put himself in a coma, screamed in my face and had a diabetic seizure and tonight punched me. I know it's not him it's low blood sugar but I can't do this anymore.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Break up with him then.

I have Type 1 and I've never blamed anything I've ever done on my Diabetes. Don't let him use that as an excuse. As someone who has it. That excuse is 100% bullshit.

At worst I ask people to just not interact with me when my sugar is off. I let them know I don't want to be mean to them so they aren't offended and then I just spend alone time until I feel better.

1|0
    0|0
    • And if he's been in a coma because of it, he is shit at taking care of himself. He's probably going to lose a foot. Not joking at all

• Coma and a seizure literally screamed in my face and went into one

Most Helpful Girl

• to be honest you need to help him talk to a doctor to get him on a better control medication or a better dose. my dad is diabetic so I know how hard things can be but you can't give up on him just like that. maybe talk to him and tell him that right now a relationship is not something that you can have with him because his sugars are not properly controlled and he is uncontrollable when low but that you want to help him get better control of his sugars and when that happens then maybe a relationship would work. don't make it entirely his fault but let him know what he is making you feel and that once things are better under control then you 2 can try again. make sure that you help him get better control of his sugars too as he clearly needs help. I hope things work out for you 2 and that he can get better control over his sugars. good luck

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• All that... probably has nothing to do with diabetes. Being diabetic means you either can't produce insulin or you are insulin resistance

What does that have to do with being violent - maybe you have your diseases mixed up

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry that happened it must be tough but don't put yourself in a situation where someone will abuse you. Just leave you'll be better off.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• He needs to start being more conscientious about his sugar levels then. Just cuz he has an insulin pen doesn't mean he doesn't have to maintain constant vigilance of what he eats and his sugar levels. Tbh symptoms of hypoglycemia doesn't really excuse that kind of behavior.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen people with diabetes act mean when their levels are off I don't know what it is, but that's still no way to behave diabetic or not. I wouldn't feel sorry for him, I would separate myself from the situation before either of you get hurt.

0|1
    0|0
  • Abuse is never okay regardless of what condition he has. It's nice that you want to take care of him, but that doesn't mean he can treat you like this.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't punch people because you have low blood sugar. And if he gives that as a reason he is just using it as an excuse. He is abusive. Run...

0|0
    0|0
  • Df... no he's crazy! I've dated a person who's diabetic and they never hurt me.

0|1
    0|0
  • talk to him how u feel

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes