Will I ever love anyone else?

I feel in love with a guy over a year ago and we still keep in touch, he dumped me but he acts like we are still together, last night I got drunk and slept with him and this morning it occurred to me that as long as we have this fucked up dynamic I'll never meet anyone else, but I don't know if I can just let him go. The idea of never speaking to him again kills me what if I let him go and I never meet anyone who I love half as much as him I don't know what to do

26

Most Helpful Guy

• We all have to make decisions. But you'll never grow if you think only about the "whatifs" without ever really taking action. You acknowledge that you'll never meet anyone else if you keep this up. You acknowledge that you guys just have "fucked up dynamic." Doesn't that show that you do want something more? You want to be happy, but what you've said suggests that you're clinging to a happiness that just isn't what it used to be anymore. Because you're afraid that you'll never find something special again? Because what you had was the best it could ever possibly be?

Life is short. You can't waste it on fading embers. Life is long. If you're going to search instead of pine and daydream over whatifs and ifonlys, then yes... you will love again. Time is cruel in that, for a while, you're going to have the memories and scenes on rewind. But time is kind in that it will heal your wounds. You just need to remember a you that is and has been strong without him before. And now after, you can become even stronger. Pick up some hobbies or interests that you never could explore with him, or anything that you guys just never shared together. If you can do these things, then you can see where you stand and where you are. And when you do, then you'll know where you need to go, and likely find someone travelling down that same path~

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• he is using you.. you gotta move on

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE