Will I ever love anyone else?

I feel in love with a guy over a year ago and we still keep in touch, he dumped me but he acts like we are still together, last night I got drunk and slept with him and this morning it occurred to me that as long as we have this fucked up dynamic I'll never meet anyone else, but I don't know if I can just let him go. The idea of never speaking to him again kills me what if I let him go and I never meet anyone who I love half as much as him I don't know what to do

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• We all have to make decisions. But you'll never grow if you think only about the "whatifs" without ever really taking action. You acknowledge that you'll never meet anyone else if you keep this up. You acknowledge that you guys just have "fucked up dynamic." Doesn't that show that you do want something more? You want to be happy, but what you've said suggests that you're clinging to a happiness that just isn't what it used to be anymore. Because you're afraid that you'll never find something special again? Because what you had was the best it could ever possibly be?

Life is short. You can't waste it on fading embers. Life is long. If you're going to search instead of pine and daydream over whatifs and ifonlys, then yes... you will love again. Time is cruel in that, for a while, you're going to have the memories and scenes on rewind. But time is kind in that it will heal your wounds. You just need to remember a you that is and has been strong without him before. And now after, you can become even stronger. Pick up some hobbies or interests that you never could explore with him, or anything that you guys just never shared together. If you can do these things, then you can see where you stand and where you are. And when you do, then you'll know where you need to go, and likely find someone travelling down that same path~

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• he is using you.. you gotta move on

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• The problem is that you are delaying what seems like the inevitable and in doing so you are only prolonging your suffering. I always take the view that I'd rather have the sharp pain up front than the long drawn out death. You are hanging on to him by your fingernails and he's never getting any closer back to you. He left you and yet you are allowing him to have sex with you still, which means that he gets what he wants with none of the commitment which is what YOU want.

An individual person is not replaceable because they are unique, but love is infinitely replaceable and the next person that you love will likely become everything that you want. There is no such thing as 'the one', we adapt our tastes to those who we fall in love with as they slowly take our world by storm. I have been in that place where I thought I'd never be able to replace someone and yet, in time, the next person came along. And soon they became my ideal of what a girl should be, because love changes you. What we want is not a fixed state, it changes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course you will meet and develope the same if not more intense feelings for someone else, it is a common fear to "not find someone" but with a great attitude and decent standards you will love again sooner then you think. But before you can do so you need to move on from those old chapter's and take some time to be ready for someone new

0|0
    0|0
  • it takes time to be ready to move on. you'll probably feel the same way after every breakup. you feel like you are all alone. those feeling of depression and regret filled sorrow will fade away as each day goes by.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you aren't dating then i say stop talking to him. its only gonna worsen if you dont. trust me, there are plenty of fish in the sea and you'll find one 10 times better than this one

0|0
    0|0
  • He is using you in your vulnerable state. He can't dump you then fuck you. You have to know that your worth more than this.. what a douchebag

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• What do you love about him?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes