Guys, Do you ever think about or feel bad about girls that you rejected?

Especially if you were friends before you started dating? I dated a guy friend of mine very briefly but he ended up dumping me for someone else. I feel especially hurt because he never really tried with me and told me he wasn't ready but now he is doing all the things he claimed he wasn't ready for with her. I wish he would have just told me he met someone else instead of lying. And I wonder if he even cares about what he did.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes in my early twenties there were a couple of girls that approached me about dating but I knew at the time I wouldn't be a great boyfriend. I unfortunately had to reject them and felt awful about it. Mostly because they were great girls and deserved to be with a good guy and at the time I wouldn't have been that.

There is one I still regret rejecting. We are still friends but she is seeing someone else now and is happy. And for that I am glad she is but I still wonder what could have been.

Not all guys think this way though but I am sure we all have at one point or another have felt regret rejecting someone.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Yes I do. I have been on both sides and both suck, but I know its harder to be the one rejected.

I have a friend, we hang out every day, text when we wake up, text during work breaks, text before we go to sleep. We spend every minute that we are not working or sleeping together. We never seem to get tired of spending hours talking every day... and on and on and on.

I told her that I am interested in her and she says that she never thought of me as more than a friend.

It hurts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I feel bad about my situation. Here it is a few years later. We were really close and friends. I pushed the issue which boiled over into anger. We could not come to an agreement. Their were shared feelings. I regret my hard words but the heart wants what the heart wants. I really Miss her.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, unless I was a jerk to her. There's one girl I didn't end things with the right way (we were never official, but we were close) and I feel bad for how things ended. I feel bad mainly because she's an amazing girl and she didn't deserve it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I turned down some girls , I overlooked others. No problem or feelings about those who married another guy since. An uneasy feeling about the two who never married and less uneasy the one who's a widow now.
    I'm pretty sure that the girls who rejected me have no problems with it. (also the one who crushed on me in secret but rejected me nevertheless )

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never really rejected women like they have rejected me. If men rejected women the same way women reject men, they'd be all committing suicide in droves. It'd be mass news epidemic of it.

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes, because I know how it feels to be rejected. It really sucks. It hurts and destroys your confidence and can instill resentment and hate towards the opposite sex. So, yes, I do feel bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • You may feel hurt, but at least he broke it off when he did. He could've just lied to you and then cheated on you, but he broke it off instead.

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah but if he would have just told me he met someone else i wouldn't have made such a fool of myself thinking maybe time would change things. I don't know i guess im just mad at myself. but lesson learned.

• You're right he should've told you from the beginning, and it was wrong of him not to let you know upfront, but I've always tried to look at things in a positive way and turn a negative into a lesson. I know it's hurtful, but some people are just like that, and you will learn to recognize that type of behavior and avoid them or just not let yourself get too attached to certain individuals like that.

• "I'm not ready" really means "I'm not interested in you unless you just want to fuck"

0|1
    0|0
  • I've rejected a girl thrice and I don't feel guilty about it. One is a persistent campus bitch back during my college days. I'm a nerdy dean's lister so clearly just want to add me to her list of trophies. She even stalked me in the bathroom. Can it get creepier than that? The second is a workmate that seems to idolize me (She loves me for something I am not). And the third one a kid when I was 26, she's 18. Way too young and still immature.

I knew the second one took the hardest. But I know they'll get over it immediately. The one thing common in them is that I know they are all doomed to fail and it will be a bigger headache later. You might think I'm cold but It is because I like people more. I don't like giving them a bigger pain someday.

Your guy may not have the strength to tell you the truth but just think of it the same way. Eventually, you will break up and it will both get hurt. Him, possibly out of bigger guilt because you were both friends first. And you.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Guys, Do you ever think about or feel bad about girls that you rejected?"

No. I politely turn down their advances.

0|0
    0|0
  • The rare occasion that a girl actually asks me out, yes I feel bad :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. There was a pretty damn good reason.
    What's better is, they still liked me after... lol!

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never rejected a girl before, no one to reject lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! :( I don't like hurting peoples feelings...

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all. They do it to us.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at all.

0|0
    0|0
    • It was because most of my female friends that wanted me were in a relationship looking to use me on the side. I had no problem rejecting them.

• I was not aware that girls actually asked guys out.

I've never had the opportunity to reject a girl so I really don't know how I would feel in that situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish I could have the option to reject a girl in the first place lol. NO never rejected haha because no girl asked me out NEVER

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never been asked out by a girl before so I never rejected anyone before, only been rejected myself.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes