He saw me out with my new boyfriend and cut all contact! why?

my ex recently saw me and my new boyfriend out in public for the first time since the split. I guess its been about ...5 months. We would still talk occasionally as friends since we broke up ... but since he saw me out with my new boyfriend ... he's cut off all contact. I don't understand why he would do this? he knew I had a new boyfriend... and seemed fine with it...

Did I do something wrong? Why doesn't he want to be friends anymore?

I value his friendship a lot.

any ideas?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• It's probably painful for him to see you with a new boyfriend.

Imagine it like watching an upcoming trailer to a horror film; you know briefly what it's about and decide to go watch it. Then after you've seen the movie, it was worse than you expected. That's the same disgust he is feeling in hoping to still be with you, but watching you with a new man.

This is nothing to take personal.

~ ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 5

• It seems that your ex really cared for you, to the point where he kept in touch with you even though you had a boyfriend. Simply put, he wanted something, he felt there was still a connection there because you as probably he did contacted each other. He thought/believed that you felt the same or maybe somewhat the same he does/did for you. Him seeing you with your boyfriend just gave him a reality check. It brought em back to the reality of you being with another guy...he now understands that there is nothing there left for him now. He's (trying) to move on now, its nothing personal but the same way you're happy he wants to be happy only problem was that he wanted be happy along side you. Just let him go now, its seems like its best for the both of you, at least for him it would be. Don't give him faulty hopes.

--Juzt

• The only reason he kept contact with you was to get back together. Now he realizes its unlikely to happen so he is forgetting about you, which is a process that varies length from person to person. I would suggest leaving him alone, your friendship with him is probably toast. But if its not, it will because he values your friendship too. Either way short of dumping the new guy there is nothing you can do about this.

• Im not sure but I'm guessing he's still into you and maybe he felt kinda jealous or angry that you are already seeing someone...

Give it some time and try to remain friends...

Once he get a girlfriend I guess you guys could double date or something...=D

• Gee, cause maybe he's JEALOUS and still has strong feelings for you?

• Maybe he had hope to get back with you. Had saw you and your boyfriend and got crush.

What Girls Said 2

• Knowing and seeing as a huge difference hon.. if he knew but now saw there's still room for dreaming and giving the situation a twist in your head...so it is very well possible that he thought he could handle it or not be jealous, but that didn't work. Maybe it p*ssed him off seeing someone that he'ld want to be in place of. Seeing a new boyfriend (or girlfriend) its like a cold shower, very confronting. I understand you value the friendship.. but it seems its hard for him to maintain one now... give it a rest.. he might or might not contact you... give him the space to figure it out.. its hard to see what you can't have.

good luck bb

• Uh maybe because he is still in love with you, and he don't wanna get hurt.