Guys, would you be angry if your girlfriend did something you told her not to do?

READ THIS FIRST!

Say, you told your girlfriend to not hang out at a particular place. Its not a "bad" place, its fairly neutral. (No partying, nothing bad happens and all that, but guys do flirt with me there BUT guys will flirt with me in other places too).

And you haven't gone there in a while but you decide to go there because you want to see old friends and hang out with old pals. But of course other guys will flirt, but you ignore them and curve them.

You tell your boyfriend everything and he STILL gets very angry and says he lost his trust in you forever.

Do you think he was reasonable in thinking this way? Or was he too controlling? Or was I the one who fucked it up completely?

And on top of that, he doesn't want to break up but says that he's now free to do "whatever he wants" but that doesn't mean cheating.

I don't understand. And I don't think I did anything wrong because I made sure I wasn't around or entertained other guys. I am not the kind of girl that flirts with random guys, I'm loyal, and I don't party or do anything bad.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• The place you are visiting must have a reputation of some kind. Sounds like he sees it as a threat to your relationship. If you keep going there you may end up choosing which is more important, hanging out there or keeping your relationship.

You can always hang out someplace else. Think about it.

• That's true. I talked to him about it but he said he's lost his trust in me. And said that, it doesn't matter and that he doesn't care anymore. Because if he cares it will hurt too much. And that he can now do what he wants and all that.

That's true as well. But we MET at that place. Its not a party. I dont do anything crazy. I met some of my friends there, and I still know people there. I can understand why he's mad. But losing his entire trust in me? That's too much.

• As long as you learn from this experience you will be a better woman because of it. :)

• You are so kind! I think a part of me went there bc I wanted to relationship to end somehow. I liked him but he was going so fast. I miss him now. Oh well.