Besides cheating or abuse, what other reasons would you break up or file for divorce?

Taking out cheating and violence, what would be other deal-breakers in a relationship or marriage?

For me, it would be:
- Any type excessive addiction (can be alcohol, porn, gambling, etc) to the point he isn't even focusing on us at all and it's even effecting his work capacities
- Stealing tons of money from me and ruining my credit report
- All of the sudden decides he doesn't ever want a child

Most Helpful Guy

• Lack of sex.
    Lack of respect.

Men are pretty simple - feed 'em, sex 'em, and love/respect/show affection, and they're pretty happy. They'll swim through shark infested waters to bring you lemonade if you do this.
    Funny how half the women can't seem to grasp this concept.

• Generally true. I haven't heard of many guys demanding for a woman to have a great job nor good car. If I told my mother to make a list, her list would be a lot longer to the point that probably few men would fit in.

• There you go, take some notes from your mother on what not to do. Unfortunately a lot of women past the age of 40 somehow get this idea that they deserve something, anything, anything better than what they have. They'll blow up a relationship for no good reason, begin to hate men generally, place everything in their life above any man, any relationship, then wonder 'where have all the good men gone.'
      The problem is, men in their forties have reached their peak SMV - they can still pull 30yo ladies, whereas a woman 40yo has hit the wall - really starting to age. How can she possibly hope to compete with a ten or twenty year younger woman? She can't, so she puts up this wall and these expectations that are simply unrealistic. And they are lonely. We suggest and hope that they like cats.

A lot of them still have kids at home, and not very many men are interesting in stepping in mid-raising of children and assuming the role - parenting someone elses children. So there's that.

Most Helpful Girl

• if there is no respect then it is time to thing

What Guys Said 14

• 1. If she is constantly nagging and develops the "bad mother" syndrome.
    2. Tries her best to demasculate her man.
    3. Is physically abusive and disrespectful.
    4. She develops a selfish and entitled personality.
    5. Doesn't contribute emotionally or motivationally to the relationship.
    6. Completely changes her ethics and moral views after marriage.
    7. And cheating, can't have that.

• 1. She chops her hair off
    2. Gets fat
    3. stops having sex because of lazyness
    4. Doesn't contribute anything to a relationship but expects a man to fix things, and clean, and lift heavy objects.
    5. Tries in any way to start arguments, or control who I hang out with

• Same deal breakers during the relationship applies.

To the things you named to the smallest things like picking up habits I don't approve (like smoking) or doing anything physically or emotionally damaging to our children.

• Fixing problems can be fun. Perfect relationships are not always fun. A few problems to keep us busy is not always a bad thing

One of the only reasons would be falling out love, losing that 'spark' - obviously not considering the usual suspects like betraying trust for example... as long as love is there, no mountain is too high to climb

• rudeness
    immaturity
    lying
    divergent values
    mistreatment of people
    ... to name a few

• Can't think of a thing.
    Get to know the person fully before you commit and these things you're listing won't be a problem.
    Credentials- married to my best friend for 29 years.

• When the love is gone

• U see this is dangerous.

people associate feelings with love when all feelings subside over time.

Best advice I've gotten is love with your character. This means ur a good person without her involved and why it's important to observe how ur partner treats a waiter etc.

Through thick and thin or don't marry

• Lack of compatability

• ignorance and irresponsibility

• Nothing

• one of the big reason is not getting enough satisfaction in sex.

• If she ok to marry, probably nothing old

• Lack of sex and affection. This is a really common reason. ALso a common reason some married people are grumpy all the time...

• No sex and causing financial problems

What Girls Said 5

• No sex. I broke up with my boyfriend of 10 years because of that. If you can't freak me then I can't be with you.

• If they're a spendthrift and I misjudged that.

• I wouldn't. Those would be the only reason. I would say lack of respect but I kinda categorize that under abuse.

• If he's a narcissist.

• Someone who's not responsible/reliable.
    Can't be with someone who doesn't have his shit together.