Is one or two days of uncertainty worth ending almost 2 years of a relationship?

So my boyfriend of a year and 8 months broke up with me. he's saying that his reasoning behind it was because looking back at our relationship he's feeling that the reason that he got into the relationship was because he was afraid he would never find one. he also said that he was afraid that he would lose me because he always f***s up. at this point I'm really hurt and confused. I don't understand how you can say that you love someone but say that you're in a relationship with someone that you love because you're afraid you'll never be in a relationship. I just need some insight because I really don't understand.

96

Most Helpful Guy

• No I wouldn't end it over that now if it goes on for weeks or months then that's a different story altogether

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• This guy sounds weird. I'm sorry that your boyfriend broke up with you, but it sounds like you are better off. His reasons don't really make sense. Like has he ever came to talk to you about his feelings like this before? No one is obligated to stay in a relationship. But he should have at least given you a chance to work things out.

Sounds to me like he was just not interested in being with you anymore. But there isn't a clear reason why. Perhaps there's something going on with him. Regardless, he was willing to take the chance and break things off with you. Don't dwell too much on his reasons.

I find when a guy breaks up with me, they always give me some bs reason. They'll say they aren't ready for a relationship (even if we dated for 2 years). Or they want an open relationship (after dating for a year). Or they don't want to get married ever, they say. But then they go on to marry the next girl early on.

I feel like people don't want to be truly honest, because they don't want to deal with the questions. I get that, but I think people need to have more integrity.

I think eventually you will look back and be thankful this guy is out of your life. I know it may not seem like it now. But if he was only with you because he was afraid he wouldn't find anyone else, well that's a poor reason to be in a relationship with someone. The guy who is with you should be crazy about you. He should have deep feelings for you and want to spend time with you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE