Any words of motivation or kindness before I break up with my boyfriend?

In short, it's been very emotionally draining 3 year long distance relationship. He's been my best friend for so long, and I wished we never dated. Things changed and it's definitely not been a healthy relationship nor do I see a bright future. I decided to break up but now I'm feeling unexpectedly depressed and not wanting to do it. I know I should leave, it's the logical solution, but I already feel like crying. Any words of inspiration or something to help me get through it? This feels terrible, I don't want to lose him, he's been a huge part of my life, but I know it has to happen. I'm feeling crushed. 😞

21

Most Helpful Guy

• that just because your comfortable and holding on so it hurts even though it shouldn't. if you see the relationship is trash, you shouldn't even started dating and you see no future. don't waste no more time. end that bitch ( bitch as in relationship)

• Thank you so much. At first, there was a lot of potential, but he changed a lot in a bad way. Thanks again :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You are so smart and brave for admitting to yourself that you know this needs to end. It will hurt, there's no question, but time really does heal wounds. I would suggest making a deal with a couple close friends that every time you want to talk to him, you will text/call/see them instead, that way you're not alone. Keep your head up, because the right guy is out there for you :)

• Thank you so much for this. Right now there's a huge lump in my throat and I can't help but to cry. I will try to do that, thank you so much. It just feels like this feeling won't ever go away, but I have to try to keep myself together

• I know it really sucks. Honestly, just crying about it can help so much. Bottling feelings up makes it harder to move on.

• I finally did it. Thank you <3