My boyfriend broke up with me today and I can't figure out why I want him to take me back?

My boyfriend and I have been having a lot of problems lately. And I haven't been happy for at least a few months. But now that he broke it off with me out of the blue I feel lost and all I want is him to come back to me. I don't know what to do with myself. All I do is cry. Why do I want to go back to him even though the relationship was in a bad place. I just can't imagine my life without him and it's killing me.

02