How long did it take you to truly move on from your ex?

i finally got the courage to block mine from my life because he kept playing mind games with me for 1.5 years and even though we didn't date, he strung me along. so i finally had enough and blocked him. its been like 3 months and i am still bitter. how long did it take for you to know that you've truly moved on?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure how relevant this is...
    Had a life insurance salesman tell me that when a married woman dies it takes the husband one year, on average, to start dating whereas when the married man dies it takes the wife two years. Women are more emotional creatures so it only makes sense it would take them longer to get over a relationship, good or bad. Then again, there are always exceptions.

Most Helpful Girl

• 9 months later and I'm still getting over it 🙄 lmao
    It takes time. Be patient. It's good you blocked him though, just work on yourself.

• thanks. it took me a very very long time to do that. last year i deleted him off fb then relapsed in April by texting him. he had deleted my number so he didn't know it was me... nice eh! saw him for a few days this summer with him telling me he wasn't with anyone. we decide to stay connected as friends then i get home and he removes tags from pics i uploaded from my trip. he then tells me he can't see me when he's home after 3 weeks of no communication. then i see his pics and there are some with a girl so i blocked him

• You should keep me updated (:

• haha will do. i wished him luck on his finals for this week so its now up to him to message me. i really hope he does. honestly, i can't say I've ever been genuinely interested in meeting a guy from tinder before. i asked him to snap a pic of himself so i could see what he looked like cuz his pics weren't that great and he's hot lol