How does a man leave a woman he truly loves?

I've recently been dumped by my ex boyfriend of 6 months. We had a very happy and fun relationship. We hardly argued, had similar interest and became serious in a comfortable amount of time. I met family, friends and coworkers of his. We traveled together, he gave me an extra house key and a drawer for my things. He was very open about his feelings and constantly told me he loved me. He kept up with commitments and we were a great pair.

The same day we finalize our vacation plans... within the next couple of hours he face times me and I noticed he's been crying. He dumps me with very little explanation sobbing uncontrollably. His explanation is that I'm too introverted... which is no surprise there. We have not spoken since the breakup and he fed-xd my things. I did nothing wrong!

what the hell happened?

112

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you answered your own question. His family may not like you forever their reasons and him saying he doesn't care sounded good at the time. If his family put their foot down and does not want you in his life, that is usually what they get. The culture he is from is very much this way. Yours is not, so it's hard to understand this kind of thing sometimes. The reason I'm confident in my assessment is because you said he was "sobbing uncontrollably" when he told you. He also didn't just text or call. He did it where he could look you in the face while telling you. I think his family gave him the option of you or them. It's not uncommon with some cultures. I feel for you, but in the scope of things, this is a good thing for you. It may hurt, but it was going to happen sooner or later. Sooner is always better. Have sweet memories of your times together and find another good guy.