How does a man leave a woman he truly loves?

I've recently been dumped by my ex boyfriend of 6 months. We had a very happy and fun relationship. We hardly argued, had similar interest and became serious in a comfortable amount of time. I met family, friends and coworkers of his. We traveled together, he gave me an extra house key and a drawer for my things. He was very open about his feelings and constantly told me he loved me. He kept up with commitments and we were a great pair.

The same day we finalize our vacation plans... within the next couple of hours he face times me and I noticed he's been crying. He dumps me with very little explanation sobbing uncontrollably. His explanation is that I'm too introverted... which is no surprise there. We have not spoken since the breakup and he fed-xd my things. I did nothing wrong!

what the hell happened?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you answered your own question. His family may not like you forever their reasons and him saying he doesn't care sounded good at the time. If his family put their foot down and does not want you in his life, that is usually what they get. The culture he is from is very much this way. Yours is not, so it's hard to understand this kind of thing sometimes. The reason I'm confident in my assessment is because you said he was "sobbing uncontrollably" when he told you. He also didn't just text or call. He did it where he could look you in the face while telling you. I think his family gave him the option of you or them. It's not uncommon with some cultures. I feel for you, but in the scope of things, this is a good thing for you. It may hurt, but it was going to happen sooner or later. Sooner is always better. Have sweet memories of your times together and find another good guy.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Maybe he loves other things ahead of you. It doesn't mean he never loved you. It means he didn't stay in love with you. It happens to the best of us. If you want peace, then remember to cherish the 6 months y'all had together instead of focusing on the break up. I know it's hard, but you'll be a better woman in the long haul if you and a man choose to enter another relationship again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your story is quite a mystery, miss. There would be several theories for this:
    1. Maybe something his parents or friends said affected his odd decision. Some people are easily dominated by what their parents tell them.
    2. Maybe he was looking for a lame excuse to terminate the relationship. His crying signifies as if he had no choice or as if this wasn't his decision.
    3. Maybe he heard something very crucial about your past (I'm just guessing) something someone close to him knew about you that told him.
    There are some other hunches but I think these are the strongest.

1|0
    0|0
    • I guess I should add that he is easy Indian and I am Jamaican American. We both understood there was a chance his family would not approve but he assured me he loved me anyways and would stick up for me if they didn't approve. His family did know about me

• Oh, yes. Easterners like me are very attached to family and their family's opinion matters even about their own lives. Some may even abandon, stop supporting or in rare case deny heritage to a disobedient child. I don't know much about Indians but in Iran family focus is strong.

• It's obvious. Things were only perfect to you not him. Need I say more?

2|1
    0|0
  • That matters little. What matters is how you will move on from this. That should be your primary priority.

1|0
    0|0
  • "what the hell happened?"
    Shit. Shit happened. move on.

0|0
    1|0
  • Realizing everything a man says is like passing clouds and not to be taken seriously

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he cheated on you and looking for a low down way out

0|0
    0|0
  • There's something he's not telling you that may have happened to him

0|0
    0|0
  • she will not love you. instead she picks someone else. So , it is one sided love. simple

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably a lack of physical / emotional intimacy

0|0
    0|0
  • he dos not or he dos not love you

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• if he really loves he won't leave her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes